Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Self-Care

We certainly have started this new school year off with a bang. A bang of sneezes, runny noses, and sore throats. We only made it to the second week of school before a cold started circulating through our house, and now it has landed on me.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

The worst part of colds for me is that I still have to cook. Well, A. would cook, but the things he tends to cook are not what I want to eat when I'm sick. I want to eat chicken soup. This is a pain to make from scratch, what with the simmering of the chicken to make stock and all.

But what if I had simmered all my various leftover chicken bones awhile ago just so they wouldn't take up space in the freezer anymore and then picked all the meat off and froze big containers of broth and chicken?

Well, then all I have to do when I'm sick is take that out to thaw overnight, and I'm halfway to chicken soup.


Thawing.

I even have some already-cooked diced onion in the freezer, so all I have to do today is add that, carrots, and potatoes to the stock+meat, and I have soup.

Yay, me.

3 comments:

Kit said...

Being prepared feels so good. Even when you're sick.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Gemma's person said...

I hear onion is great for sniffles and sneezes. So use it all and more.