Sunday, November 2, 2008

Miss Me?

As I'm sure you all noticed, I did not post yesterday. I KNOW. Shocking.

But because you all read this site regularly and carefully file away all the many mundane details of my life (RIGHT?), you will have remembered that we were going on A. and K.'s Excellent Walnut Adventure this weekend. Which we did. And now we have returned, with many, many fun stories. And even some photos. Which I will share with you. Tomorrow. But here is just a sampling of some of the things that may (or not! who can tell! I'm unpredictable and crazy!) be covered in the next couple of days:

  • Homemade woodchuck campaign signs (my favorite: "McCain Still Sucks")
  • The first time EVER that A. has walked away from a motel because it "lacked charm." And right there he won the prize for Understatement of the Millennium.
  • A hotel that included an antique brass mail chute on every floor leading directly to the main mailbox in the lobby. BAD ASS.
  • Buggy Town, USA
  • Amish people

Tomorrow on Going Country: "On the Road with Woodchucks--The Walnut Saga."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So in other words you just popped in to tease us and leave us hangin'? I want to see PICS!

MsPicketToYou said...

I did have a moment there -- what the?? -- and then I was like, oh thank god, she's more like me than I thought. And then you posted more funny stuff, and I was all, whatever. I suck.

Safe travels...

Anonymous said...

looking forward to that amish post. as a pennsylvania native, I can appreciate the amish, esp. their food! never understood how they can still live in a world w/o electricity though.

moi said...

Woah - a motel that was declined by A? I really hope there is a photo of that!!!

SaraPMcC said...

That mail chute sounds awesome. And I think that woodchuck sign should win the prize for Understatement of the Millenium.

Sweet Bird said...

Oooh. I must know how awful this motel was that "lacked charm"...

FinnyKnits said...

I might have to bring up the motel scenario with Bubba. He is the man, after all, who stayed repeatedly at the Mark Twain hotel in Tahoe despite its utter lack of charm (and hygiene - sick!).