Friday, October 31, 2008

A Blackrock Halloween

Well, happy Halloween, little campers! Are you all ready with your costumes, your candy, your fun parties?

Yeah, we have none of that here at Blackrock. No costume for me, because I have no job and it would be pretty pointless (BUT FUNNY) for me to wander around here all day raking leaves and dumping compost in a French maid costume. No costume for A., because it's hard to take a lawyer dressed as Batman seriously. No candy, because no child is going to haul his ass a quarter mile up our dark driveway for a Blow Pop. And no fun parties, because . . . uh, because we're social rejects, I guess.

But that doesn't mean we aren't celebrating in our own special Blackrock way! And how will we celebrate, you ask? Like this:



Does this really need a caption to be funny?

Yes yes--shake your head at my lameness all you want, but you KNOW you just laughed out loud. I, of course, laughed until tears formed, because, as I have already demonstrated, I find great merriment in my poor dog's humiliation. In fact, I'm laughing right now. I choose to use my evil powers for purposes of entertainment.

Is this why we don't get invited to parties?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. It made me laugh out loud :D. We're going to be costume-less, candy-less, and party-less this year, too. Don't feel too bad ;). We even went without a jackolantern this year *gasp*. But our little bunny got a humiliating costume to prance around our home in, too. Hehe! Humiliating our pets is great entertainment. Especially our's who is spoiled with a capitol S.

Anonymous said...

HEE! Pets and children earn their keep by allowing us to humiliate them. Fact.

Allison said...

You would be a hit at my party! (If I ever had a party, that is).

Anonymous said...

ROFL...poor doggie!

FinnyKnits said...

MIA BUNNY!

That is funny. I laughed the fake ring off my eyebrow just now.

Susan said...

That would totally get you invited to a Trout Towers party. Also? We shook down the entire neighborhood for treats just now and when we got home Lucy said "mommy, two people were home this year!"
That's twice as much as last year.

Anonymous said...

OH. MY.GOD. how friggin cute is that? thanks for making my lame-ass Halloween night much better.

Anonymous said...

As you know, we live in the center of a small town. We gave away 125 full-size candy bars and had run out by 8:30 pm. I lived for 12 years in a rural spot that never got trick or treaters, so once I moved to Mayberry, we do it up right.