Friday, March 6, 2009

The Big Easy Reports

Hello, duckies! Did you miss me yesterday? I missed you, too. Trust me, I would much rather have been hanging out with you instead of walking barefoot through airport security and sharing a hermetically sealed flying capsule with 136 other people and their bodily emissions. Ew.

BUT! Let us not dwell on the horrors of air travel! No, let us now dwell on the fact that I am now sitting in a hotel room in New Orleans, where it is warm. And green. And I saw flowers yesterday. Like, growing right in the ground. In March. It's like a miracle. And the warmth will only continue. It's supposed to be 80 degrees today here.

Bright and early tomorrow morning, we'll set off on Dad and Kristin's Excellent Adventure. The Excellent Adventure being, of course, driving from New Orleans to Tucson. Which of course basically means driving across the entire state of Texas. Wheee!

I don't really have any fun stories to share yet, since all I did yesterday was wake up far too early, and then sit in planes, airports, and cars all day. Oh! Except it occurred to me during my three-hour layover in Chicago that I was actually warm enough, for the first time in MONTHS, to eat ice cream. So I did. In the Chicago airport. And it was glorious.

Yes, I am a wild jet-setter, indeed.

More updates to come as I have the time and can sweet-talk my dad into the use of his laptop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

80 degrees? A cold little tear just ran down my cheek. But actually, it's going to be near 60 here today, and I think you can appreciate how awesome that is.

Have a safe first day of driving!

IslandGirl said...

Have Fun!!
I'm a little jealous about the nice weather and the heat though, I just want to mention that is it a beautiful -26C (thats -15 f) and snowy here:(

The Management said...

You picked a great day to come to Chicago. It hit sixty around here yesterday and it was glorious. There was snow on the ground last week :)

Also, the chicago airport is horrifying :P and it doesn't matter which one you're at. :P

Phoo-D said...

Sounds like things are off to a good start. Man would I ever love to feel 80 degrees about now!

FinnyKnits said...

If it's 80 degrees outside and you're in NO this close to Mardi Gras, there is no reason you shouldn't be outside showing someone your boobs.

Just no reason at all.

Travel safe, Excellent Kristin and Kristin's dad.