Monday, March 2, 2009

An Announcement . . .Then Puppies

I'm not sure if I've mentioned yet that my mom is from New Orleans. Do you maybe recall a passing reference to that once or twice? Or, like, a dozen times. Whatever. And my grandmother, Duchess, still lives in New Orleans. But only for five more days. She's moving to Tucson to be nearer to my family. My mom is going to fly to Tucson with her, and my dad is going to drive the truck with all her stuff from New Orleans to Tucson. However, my dad did not particularly want to drive a U-Haul for three days cross-country by himself. Now who does he know who has no job, a strong back, and a week's free time to help him move furniture and drive? Hmmm, whowhowhowho . . . Oh, right. Me.

So, Going Country is going on a road trip! Wheee! I will be flying to New Orleans on Thursday to meet up with my parents. And because I am going to be in New Orleans with my parents (and my grandmother), I will not be getting sloppy drunk in the French Quarter, which is the traditional past time for tourists in New Orleans. No, instead I'll be hanging with the old folks (hi, Dad!) and moving furniture. Do I know how to have a good time or WHAT? My dad and I will split town on Saturday morning and drive for the next three days, arriving in Tucson on Monday. Then we'll move Duchess into her new place, I'll spend a few days having some Forced Family Fun with my parents, my sister, my brother, and my niece, and THEN . . . A. arrives! YAY! This just gets better and better.

Yes, due to some kind of alignment of the stars or divine intervention or something, A. managed to take an entire week off of work. So he'll be joining me in Tucson. We'll make my parents' house our homebase and from there take a bunch of little trips all over Arizona.

So, in sum, I will be leaving Blackrock for two whole weeks. I KNOW. And there are puppies here! And I'm planting seeds this week! And the lambs are coming soon! And I'm just LEAVING IT ALL BEHIND. Luckily, the MiL will be here to take care of everything.

Lest you worry about not having your daily dose of Kristin's Wild and Krazy Antics, I would like to reassure you that my dad has promised to bring his laptop, so wherever I can get online, I'll send an update into the ether. It may not be every day, especially during the whole furniture-moving and driving-cross-country stage, but be not afraid, duckies--I won't be abandoning you entirely for the whole two weeks. Perish the thought. AND, if the MiL can figure out the digital camera and how to e-mail me photos, I'll even post pictures of the puppies as they morph from guinea pigs into unbelievably cute balls o' fluff.

Now that we've got that news out of the way, and speaking of puppies . . .




That's just a tiny pile of ADORABLE, right there.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, have a great time. julie

Sherry said...

Make sure MiL knows how to take and send pictures. . . I can't go two weeks without seeing the puppies!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG puppies. I want to take a nap right in the middle of the pile with them.

Happy Trails! I want to hear all about what you do in AZ! My whole family is going out for a trip in June, minus the two of us. Word on the street is we're going to have an infant or something. I'll have to look into that.

Phoo-D said...

How fun! You two deserve a sunny warm break after spending the weekend in a freezing lake! Have a wonderful time.

Susan said...

Have a wonderful time! I have to admit I panicked until you reassured us that your dad will have his laptop. Whew!

Anonymous said...

Road trip = fun!

Moving furniture = not so much!

But after all the hard work is done, enjoy the week with your hub and enjoy the WARMTH!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, those puppies are so cute! My mom's friends came to her house last night and brought their dog, and the poor thing had to wait outside because of my allergies. Blurg. So I'll enjoy your puppy photos, since I can't actually ever hold a puppy. I mean, I can, but it's not as fun as it should be.

Have a good trip! It's a perfect time for you to travel to a warm place. Seriously, beginning of March and it's snowing when it hardly snowed at all in February? Oh, Mother Nature, how you mock us.

Anonymous said...

Think about getting up to Santa Fe, New Mexico - which is one of the best places on earth!

krysta said...

i leave for a couple days and you get...

a new liquor cab.
PUPPIES!!!
a new pond because water is running low? pump and hose issues? and A. just ups and builds a pond

wow you had much more excitement than i did this weekend. can i say PUPPIES!!!! one more time?

Anonymous said...

Oh, how great that you get a little vacation out of it, too! Have fun and make sure you take lots of photos and send us updates of the adventures - because there will have to be adventures.

granny said...

I look forward to the adventure!lots of photos please!!!News headlines over here saying big snow storms in your part of the world again,hope this wont affect your travel plans :0)

FinnyKnits said...

Aw man! You're going to be in Tucson and I'm not living in AZ anymore - boo! I'd have come to visit you. Not help you move things, but I'd have visited and we could have gone to Eegee's for frozen lemonade and fries.

And do you know how nice the weather is in Tucson right now?

SO NICE.

Have fun, chicken :)

Daisy said...

Have a great time! I'll look forward to hearing about the trip. This kind of travel always spawns blog fodder.

MsPicketToYou said...

Why couldn't Tucson be Boston?
Just saying.

GIRL! HAVE FUN!