Monday, November 10, 2008

Evidence That My Camera Sucks

Kim, a.k.a. The Inadvertent Farmer, asked to see pictures of the new rug. Kim seems to request pictures a lot. I am happy to oblige, except that I cannot, in actual fact, TAKE good pictures. I suspect this is mostly my fault, because I don't have the patience to "line up" shots and "find the best angle" and "focus," or whatever those actual photographers do.

However, I may be deficient, but so is my camera, dammit. Of course, I bought the camera, so that is also my fault, but let's just blame the inanimate object here, okay? I suspect that because my camera is cheap, it has inadequate pixelage (look, I made up a word!) to clearly capture things like the pattern in an Oriental rug. Or maybe it's just that we haven't seen the sun for a few days, so there isn't enough light. Whatever, the photo was really dark. I lightened it in my Kodak EasyShare software (isn't that what all the pros use?), but then it was really grainy.


I have decided that rather than focus on my failings as a photographer, I will instead claim that all of these aspects of my photos that are normally considered bad, are not really bad, but instead . . . ART. Yup, totally on purpose and artistic.

Behold my art.



Nope, still looks like a crappy photo to me.

Guess I won't quit my day job.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever - I think the photo looks fine. And I can totally sympathize with your post from yesterday, because this spring I decided my Oriental rug (8 ft x 11 ft) from my dining room needed to be cleaned. I researched how to do it on the innernet, and lugged it out to the driveway, wet it down, applied the Woolite, rubbed, rinsed, etc. Then I went to try to hang it over the deck rail to dry. By myself. Yeah. Damn thing must have weighed 700 lbs wet.

Anonymous said...

Looks great to me. I'm all choked up. For some reason I can't identify the room. I know you said living room but it doesn't look right. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome there! Although, I agree, the colors are funky. From the evil camera...
Moi

FinnyKnits said...

I'm pretty sure your living room is bigger than my house.

Props on the rug, though - really beautiful! Whatever colors it may be...

jean said...

Hey it looks great to me. I love how the rug looks

Susan said...

I love your livingroom more than words can say. I'm coming right over.

inadvertent farmer said...

ROFL...I request pictures cause I don't read so good, snort.

I think that pic is perfectly fine. I love to see if the images I have in my head after your hilarious stories match up to reality. I was pretty close this time, though didn't get the couch color right, lol!

I think you should do a photo tour of your house for us, I just adore old houses!

I know you don't have anything better to do...right?

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY jealous of your rug...it looks great.

Anonymous said...

That rug begs for dancing. Bet you can't wait to cut it up.

krysta said...

the picture is fine..

MsPicketToYou said...

i lurve it. when's the party?