Saturday, November 15, 2008

I WIN! Again.


A couple of weeks ago, Krysta, a.k.a. Evil Chef Mom, had a contest. To enter, all you had to do was post a rant in her comments. About anything, addressed to anyone. As many times as you wanted. Well. I compose rants in my head day in and day out, so all I had to do was start typing. I ended up ranting three times (I seem to carry a lot of aggression about . . .), but the winning rant (chosen by a random number generator) went like this:

Dear Slugs,
Get out of my garden, or I'm coming after you with a salt shaker.

Love and salty kisses,
The Crazy Garden Lady

I KNOW--my cleverness amazes even me.

BUT ANYWAY.

So my slug rant won me a prize. Now, Krysta had told me she was sending me candy. And I had to send her my address. I know, I know--send my real address to someone I only know online? FOR CANDY? Sketchy, yes? But I did, because I trust Krysta not to reveal my whereabouts. And also, I really like candy.

She has repaid my trust a hundredfold, because look at what she sent me:


If it's poisoned, I don't even care, because I WILL DIE HAPPY.


I've never even heard of most of that stuff. Sea salt features heavily. I had never had sea salt and chocolate, but I love salt and sweet together, so I said BRING ON THE SODIUM. We (yes, I managed to share some with A. and the MiL) sampled the dark chocolate with smoked almonds and sea salt last night. OH. MY. GOD. It was a religious experience. Really, I think I heard angels strumming their harps. Beyond good. The best chocolate I have ever had. Ever.

There's also a fancy one with chipotle pepper in it. And also a World's Finest, which brings me straight back to my band days. (Oh yes--I was in band at one point. And you will NEVER GUESS what my instrument was. No, really.)

Krysta has some seriously good taste in chocolate, friends. This stash is going to make it hard for me to continue with MADOF (you have to read Krysta's site to find out what that means--only the cool kids know), but that doesn't mean I'm going to share any more than I have to. So don't even ask.

9 comments:

Sweet Bird said...

Hmmm....French Horn?

jean said...

Umm, I'd be willing to give you my real name AND address if you would be willing to share.

Dr Zibbs said...

Sweet. Hey. I'm pretty clever. get it? Sweet and it's candy? And thanks for the Genny Cream Ale term you left on my blog.

krysta said...

god, it lokks paltry... like i'm a scrooge... hope you like... and i'm glad you won because you left a rant to a slug. i mean who does that?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Scrooge? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I was expecting some Hershey's Kisses and peanut butter cups. This? WAY, WAY better. The almond one may already be gone.

Okay, yes. Yes, the almond one is already gone. And the others are not long for this world. I may never be able to eat non-sea-salted chocolate again.

Unknown said...

oh that sounds so divine, I LOVE salt and sugar combos! thanks for the advice on the green tomatoes....I never actually thought about the fact that I could just open them and change the liquid....duh! by the way I love your blog, I feel like I should introduce myself...I grew up in upstate NY (south of Ithaca) and I went to Wells College, which I think is near you? I graduated the same year as Tina Post, and I fell upon your blog through hers.....I loved reading when you were canning with the tomatoes because that is what I was doing at that time of year as well!!! (I made the mistake of planting 11 tomato plants, a lot, but not as much as you had!)

SaraPMcC said...

Sea salt and chocolate sounds amazing. I know we must've talked about salty and sweet together being the best--particularly chocolate-covered pretzels!

And what...did you play the triangle or something?

Anonymous said...

TUBA! I vote tuba.

FinnyKnits said...

Yes, yes, I love grey salt and chocolate together, too - big shocker.

But, instrument? Do tell! Allow me to guess? Violin? Drums? Ok, I don't know. But I do think it's cool that you were in a band. I hope you had groupies.