Friday, April 17, 2009

Goin' to Blackrock and We're Gonna Get Married

Not ME, you sillies. I'm already married. For almost six glorious years now. My, how time does fly past on the wings of love.

Ahem.

It's my brother-in-law who's getting married. And he and his bride requested that their wedding be here at Blackrock. Tomorrow.

Now OBVIOUSLY, they did not just inform us of this. We've known for some time, which is why our every thought and action for the past month has been of and for this wedding. I'm just telling YOU now because I like to keep some mystery alive and surprise you from time to time.

So SURPRISE! Tomorrow anywhere from 75-150 people will be appearing on our doorstep to witness vows and drink lots of beer. And eat. We're not sure how many people are actually coming, since there was no RSVP request on the invitations. Uncertainty just adds to the excitement, right?

Right. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to transforming Blackrock into a Chapel of Love. This mostly involves scrubbing the bat shit off the front porch and making sure there are no stray docked lamb tails hanging around.

Oh, the romance.

13 comments:

Mayberry Magpie said...

Please tell me we get photos!

Tina Post said...

Huzzah! And it looks like the weather might even cooperate, too? At least we won't have to wearing down. Maybe.

Sara said...

Wow, congratulations! Sounds exciting. And by exciting, I mean frightening: somewhere between 75 and 150 people? Yikes! The good news is that you'll probably have lots of food left over and won't have to cook for a while, since you'll probably prepare for way more people than will actually show up. The bad news is that you have to prepare said food. (Why am I assuming you're cooking and not having it catered? And why am I so focused on food all the time? And what's the menu?)

Chiot's Run said...

Happy cleaning! I love weddings that are fun and different!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

C.--Nope, no down needed. And even BETTER, because it's been dry all week, the ground will not be spongy and people won't be sinking in up to their ankles. YAY!

Sara--Your assumption is correct. The MiL is doing the food, with some assistance by some other family members. There's not so much a menu, because it's just a finger food type thing. But I know there will be kielbasa and andouille sausage, cream cheese and smoked salmon thingies, LOTS of cheese (LOTS), fruit, various dips and chips and veggies . . . and champagne and beer. We're getting a keg. It's that kind of party.

Phoo-D said...

Sounds like fun! I think I would be freaking out about getting everything super clean for a wedding. Can you get a picture of the bride with a puppy and a lamb? ;)

Sara said...

OK, Kristin, I'm guessing my invitation got lost in the mail, because you wrote this: "LOTS of cheese (LOTS), fruit, various dips and chips and veggies . . . and champagne and beer." And then mentioned a keg. But didn't say "see you there!" That can't be possible unless my invitation was misplaced.

x said...

I demand pictures on Monday. Lots of pictures.

jean said...

How wonderful! It's going to be a beautiful day tomorrow too. I have to agree with Sara, my invitation must have been lost in the mail. I know this because you're having kielbasa! I'll go get the polish mustard this afternoon.

Susan said...

Instead of a wedding singer, have the sheep yell. Pictures, please!

FinnyKnits said...

I certainly hope that you're not also required to get them a gift. Because, you know, hosting and feeding 75-150 (you're too nice for not requiring an RSVP) people is no easy task.

Just ask my parents. My sister's wedding at their house nearly killed them.

I'm sure you'll be fine though. Good luck with the batshit.

rls said...

Weddings over here and babies over at Jive Turkey - what a fun, fun spring we're having! Hope it all goes beautifully!

(MiL, sorry I missed your birthday the other day. Glad you got lots of poetry and happy birthday wishes!)

Pretzel Thief said...

Heh heh, good luck with the Chapel of Love. Or maybe that ought to be luuuuurrrrve. I'm sure it'll be a wonderful wedding - have an awesome day!