Sunday, July 12, 2009

Owning Up

Okay, I don't know how many times I have apologized for not having a photo of something. But I've decided I'm not going to apologize anymore. You're just going to have to accept the fact that I hate carrying a camera around with me, and I really hate taking photos of people at events, so unless I set out with a specific photo in mind, there will be no photos of the events I attend.

This is why there are no photos of the village festival that occurred Friday and Saturday. There were community parties and a parade and jousting (yes, on real, live horses) and bands . . . and I have zero photographs. Because I was too busy enjoying the events.

BUT. I suspect you may be happy I'm not a camera nut when I tell you that the dogs killed a large woodchuck yesterday and then took turns gnawing on it. The woodchuck got progressively floppier as the dogs passed it around, until Mia ended up with it and polished it off. There are no photos of that, either. You're welcome.

9 comments:

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Could you have a chat with my wife about the Circle of Life? The other night our cats found a hive of freshly-hatched bunnies.* I never knew bunnies can make a sound, but the one they pulled out first screamed. So my wife made me chase the cats down with a flashlight and make them release it. Oh ... did I forget to mention it was dark out?

Anyway, I tried explaining that this is what happens to wild animals. That cats don't have those teeth just to look scary when they yawn. Then I went and rescued the bunny.



* Yes, I know it's actually a nest, and that they don't hatch.

PS: A half-hour later we heard screaming again. This time the cats were smart enough to carry it off behind the neighbor's garage before we could catch up to them.

Anonymous said...

who cares if you enjoy an event? we want to enjoy it with you , therefore you should carry a camera everywhere w/ you. Get one of those little james bond ones you can wear as a necklace....just kidding you , glad you got to see jousting...I think... hee hee ho ho haha....
Drew ..no matter whether we know about the circle of life or not...it is instinct to "save the baby". And since men are the hunter , gatherer ,protectors of the family it is left up to you to haul yourself out of a warm bed into the dark and protect, whatever needs protecting. :)

Sweet Bird said...

Umm...thank you. I'm a little nauseous now.

At least now I won't ruin my diet with that croissant I wanted.

sheila said...

Any dog I ever had never ate their kill. They just proudly kept it around so I could admire their handiwork. Kept it until it smelled to high heaven then rolled in it. Farm dogs are disgusting.

SaintTigerlily said...

B-b-but...I wanted to see some jousting!

You know me lady - I never remember to take pictures. Sometimes life is better lived...than blogged.

rls said...

Haaaa! I have a co-worker who would love to borrow those dogs for a few days. She has a huge groundhog in her backyard and that sucker will not die.

mdvelazquez said...

I feel like puking now. You didn't need photos for the last paragraph. Your description was vivid enough.

An Open Heart said...

Okay, so, I just read this blog and I'm lmao....not because I enjoyed the description of the dogs eating the woodchuck, so much, but because there was no need for a picture with the details of your description and then your last comment about how there are no photos of that and "you're welcome".....it's okay, your blog is wonderful enough without photos.....
S

FinnyKnits said...

It was flopping around?

Gross, dude.

That's awesome.