Friday, December 25, 2009

Twisted Christmas Cheer

My family always had a tradition where any gifts from out-of-town relatives could be opened Christmas Eve. This was great when I was a kid, because you know how hard it is to wait until Christmas Day to open everything. And it's still great, because I still love to open presents and I've decided to keep the tradition alive by opening my family's presents on Christmas Eve. Gifts sent from Arizona certainly qualify as out of town.

So last night, A., the MiL, and I all opened our out-of-town presents. There were several wonderful gifts in there, but honestly? The most enjoyment came from the bows that were stuck on top of the wrapped gifts. You know the kind, with the little square of adhesive on the back to make them stick to the box? Well, they also stick very nicely to a dog's head.

All wrapped up and no place to go.

I actually laughed so hard I cried. As the MiL remarked, I have something of a low sense of humor.

Mia failed to get the joke. She just wanted me to stop howling with laughter so she could go to sleep. With a bow on her head. HAAAAAAA!!!

And then, because I just can't leave well enough alone, I decided what I REALLY needed was a picture of Mia wearing a Santa hat.

Internet humiliation: My gift to my dogs this Christmas season.

However. Her head is not so much vertical as horizontal, which meant I couldn't actually pull the hat on her head. So I had to just hold it there and take the picture. It still conveys the appropriate message, though.

And that message is: A very merry, laughter-filled Christmas to you--from Mia Clause and the whole insane Blackrock crew.

10 comments:

rls said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, too! (Just think, next year you can be sticking bows on the baby's head!)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all of you! I always stick a bow on Rowdy's head too. He never really notices; other things he tends to paw off. Mary in MN buried in SNOW!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all of the Blackrock gang .
Guess you are a little high on life right now. Good on ya.
It tickled me that you got so tickled at the dog/bow thing.

word verification 'disis'

disis christmas day peeps

Sara said...

Merry Christmas, Kristin (and A and MiL)!

dognutmom said...

What, you aren't supposed to stick the bows on the dogs heads? Ooops :-)

Merry Christmas!

Word verification: Stousts .. what happens when you consume too many calorie laden adult beverages :-)

jean said...

Merry Christmas. And stop putting bows on the dogs. It hurts their self esteem. How are they going to be able to face the sheep tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Now Kristin must go put bows on the sheep to help the dogs self esteem.

moi said...

Last year, we put all the bows on the baby's head (she was 7m at the time) and laughed until we cried. Is that worse than the same on the dogs?

Daisy said...

Love the bows! My daughter still does that with her bows - and she's in college now!

FinnyKnits said...

I appreciate your Dogs with Bows humor greatly. I, too, howled a bit looking at the photos. Merry Christmas to me!

We do the Christmas Eve opening, too, since we don't technically *have* Christmas anyway. We have cocktails, open everything and call it a night.