Saturday, January 30, 2010

Breaking Weather News

It is currently four degrees with no wind. This means, if the cold and the stillness continue, the lake may actually freeze over.

I don't think I can convey to you how excited A. would be if this happened. I think the last time the lake froze all the way across was in the 1930s. See, our lake is deep and wide (about 3.5 miles across from our beach to the opposite shore), but most of all, it's windy. Really, really windy. That's the reason it rarely freezes all the way, and the reason A. is going to be monitoring the condition of the lake closely for the next 24 hours.

I'll keep you updated. Do you think I would let you miss out on this excitement?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah, keep us up on the freezing lake. It seems like it would be akin to watching paint dry... :)
Does A. plan on ice skating or ice fishing?

word verification 'rhessoo'

quiet snore sound

Beth

rls said...

I am on the edge of my seat!

Anonymous said...

I hope that the man-cub shares these interests. Otherwise there will be a lot of "oh, dad" remarks, with accompanying eye rolls, in the future.

Anonymous said...

It would be really great if you had a webcam set up so we could actually WATCH the lake freeze!!! (at least during daylight hours)

Mia said...

i just froze an egg in less than half an hour. hahahhaha. and yes, i have BIG cabin fever, why do you ask??

I took pictures and I'll blog that egg AFTER cocktail hour :)

Phoo-D said...

Cool! It has been a winter for the record books no? Pictures are politely requested if the lake freezes!

Daisy said...

Make him be careful. The nearby Lake Winnebago has claimed four lives in the past few weeks due to unexpected open water. I hope it freezes solidly before sturgeon spearing season.