Friday, March 26, 2010

This Is Pathetic

Today I'm taking my first outing to the Small City without Cubby since his birth. Actually, it's the first outing without Cubby in, like, a year, since he was technically with me for nine months before he was even born. Albeit inside instead of out.

ANYWAY.

I'll be gone for two whole hours, leaving A. to baby-wrangle in my stead. This two-hour reprieve necessitated a ridiculous amount of prior planning to make sure Cubby won't go hungry if he should happen to wake up while I'm gone. A hungry Cubby is an ugly thing.

Oh, and where am I going on this most excellent adventure? The doctor. And the grocery store. And you know what? I'm excited about this.

Sad.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, please, stop at a book store or interesting shop somewhere and buy yourself a treat! If you won't, who will?

Word verification: dretions.
As in, do you need dretions to such a shop?

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

That's not sad. Sad is when you get the MiL to watch Cubby overnight and the two of you sneak off to a hotel. For a full night's sleep.


Word verification: darings -- jewelry you put on dafingers.

Anonymous said...

EMBRACE THE PATHETIC-NESS. When Sadie was wee, I walked to the drugstore down the street, and I felt like I'd been given a 10-day tour of Europe. I wandered around the aisles of Rite Aid for an extra 15 minutes just because. I am actually excited FOR YOU.

sheila said...

Hit a bookstore then a coffee shop. Sit with a hot drink and a book for a few minutes. You deserve it and it will feel like a vacation.

Alyssa said...

Enjoy the freedom to use both arms freely and to go to the bathroom when you want to and by yourself! It IS A big deal :)

me again said...

Yup, I remember all this too ... it's all coming flooding back. I second the thought of the bookstore AND the coffee shop. You'll feel refreshed :-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe even just go sit in your car in the parking lot somewhere.
Good for A. to handle cubby all on his own for a bit.
You MUST take care of you ! Beth

word verification 'rathh'

the one who must not be named's worst

Daisy said...

Enjoy your "me" time!

Word verification: nessil - the vessel of necessity, including time off for moms, however brief.

Julie said...

That first escape is an awesome thing..and getting back is even sweeter :)