Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thank You--Ad Nauseum

One of the legacies of my childhood that will stay with me forever is the necessity of thank you notes. We always wrote them. ALWAYS. Not writing a thank you note was very, very rude and just not acceptable.

I still feel this way, and still send thank you notes promptly. Which is all well and good when there's only one or two gifts that require expressions of gratitude. Then I had a baby, and good LORD, do people love to buy things for babies. Since Cubby can't write yet (we're working on this, but he's having some trouble with his "y"), it falls on me to let everyone know how pleased he is with his wee little shorts and flannel shirts*. So here I am, writing thank you notes on Cubby's behalf with regularity. I picked up a package of 50 thank you notes awhile ago, thinking it would take me forever to get through it. Yeah. I probably have maybe ten left. And the gifts keep coming. I'm going to have to buy another box.

And teach that kid to write already. Though I should maybe concentrate on getting him to actually hold a pen first. Or control his bowel movements. One thing at a time.

* I've received a couple of flannel shirts for Cubby, and they may be my most favoritest item of clothing so far. A. wears flannel shirts a lot, so Cubby's are like mini versions of his father's. I find that unbearably cute. Cubby isn't actually big enough to wear any of them yet, but when he is, you can bet there will be a father/son flannel shirt photo.

9 comments:

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Work on the bowel movements first. You can write a lot of Thank You cards in the time it takes to do the extra laundry.


Word verification: menaggi -- old Japanese guy who teaches you how to score two chicks at once

sweetbird said...

Baby flannel shirts? That's a kind of epic cuteness that rates right up there with the baby board shorts and rash guard I got my nephew to match his surfer daddy.

Alicia said...

baby flannel? In the summer? Oh Lordy.

Oh, I forgot, still cold up there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.

Anonymous said...

When will we see a picture of dear Cubby in a flannel shirt? As sweetbird says, 'epic cuteness'!!

Melinda said...

Its posts like these that keep me coming back here..daily..Hilarious and good golly, your wit!!!

SaintTigerlily said...

Yes yes yes! Cubby in the flannel! Por favor!

SaintTigerlily said...

Yes yes yes! Cubby in the flannel! Por favor!

Daisy said...

Having trouble with the Y? Try a change of spelling: Cubbie. :)

Anonymous said...

MINIATURE FLANNEL SHIRTS. I must see these.