Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cleansed

It was at least 80 degrees yesterday, humid and sunny. After preparing the ground for and planting another dozen tomato plants, half a dozen basil plants, and four jalapeno plants, and then stacking a truckload of firewood that A. had cut and split, plus cleaning the ashes out the woodstove and hauling them to the burn pile along with a couple of wheelbarrow loads of trimmings from the bushes by the front porch . . . I was beyond sweaty. I was totally, absolutely, and without a doubt disgusting. Unfit for polite company.

And so OF COURSE A.'s friend joined us for dinner. I don't think I contributed much to the appetizing atmosphere of the meal. Gross.

ANYWAY.

I finally got to bathe at 8 p.m., after Cubby went to bed. And OH MY GOD, the sweet relief of not being sticky and smelly anymore.

Heaven is a shower after a long day of hot labor.

7 comments:

Mia said...

Amen :) Specially if ya have some good smellin' soap too :)

I'm just wonderin' what your sweaty self made for dinner :)

Mayberry Magpie said...

I have always wanted an outdoor shower. We don't have much of a beach vibe here in Okieland, but I've always wanted to just be able to quickly shower off outdoors after yard work.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

We had leftover London broil from the day before. And the MiL made some muffins and broccoli.

Anonymous said...

AND there is always a dip in the lake.... speaking of the lake....free sand for your garden. Don't stand between a man and his meat.
Beth

Kristin @ Going Country said...

No sand in our lake--only rocks.

rls said...

That's exactly how I felt yesterday after the morning jog and a day of housecleaning which included washing all the windows in the house. GROSS! But oh-so-marvelous after the shower. It's even warmer and muggier today. Blech.

FinnyKnits said...

I personally measure my day's efforts on the time it takes for the mud puddle in the shower to finally run clear down the drain.

The longer it takes, the more productive I *must* have been.