Things we won't talk about:
1) Nursing on a plane. Let's just say: SO NOT FUN.
2) Changing diapers on a plane. See: SO NOT FUN.
3) Changing an entire baby outfit on a plane because of the above-mentioned diaper change and GOOD LORD CHILD, what have you been eating?!
4) Budget car rental. Who said, when I called to check, that sure they have car seats! We've never run out of car seats! There will be a car seat waiting when you arrive!
There were no car seats. They don't even HAVE infant car seats. And so Enterprise wins this particular customer's loyalty.
Things we will talk about:
1) Enterprise. How I love thee and your helpful staff and infant car seats, amen.
2) The Residence Inn Marriott. Free breakfast, and not a shitty "continental breakfast" either. PLUS a free dinner buffett WITH free beer and wine! We may live here forever.
3) Hotels in general. Blessed air conditioning. And hot water. And cleaning fairies that whisk away all messes. I love you, cleaning fairies. Will you come home with me?
4) Seeing my family and introducing them to Cubby. Grandpa in particular is a BIG hit.
5) Disposable diapers. I still feel vaguely guilty using them for the trip and just throwing them away, but OH MY GOD, the lure of convenience, it is strong.