Friday, November 26, 2010

Mmm Mmm Good

Nothing whets the appetite for an enormous Thanksgiving meal like going out to pick some herbs and finding the dogs smeared in blood and dragging around a huge deer stomach spewing green bile.

I'm sure you know I say this from personal and very recent experience.

And then, when I went to grab one of my work gloves so I could get the putrid thing away from the dogs without touching it with my bare hands, I found that one of my gloves was inexplicably totally filled with dried corn. I probably dumped a full cup and a half of corn out of my glove before putting it on. A. must've accidentally dropped some in my gardening bag when he was cleaning up the shop.

The bizarre and the disgusting are never hard to find at Blackrock, even on a holiday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could be that mice had decided to live in your glove and were loading it up with their own Thanksgiving day treat.

Anonymous said...

Yep, anon, that was my thought too or a ground squirrel.
Kristin , that's what keeps life so interesting....the unexpected, the unplanned and the unexplained. Beth
word verification-pettomar
a store where the animals go to get affection

Daisy said...

Of course, the dogs wouldn't dream of finding you a deer that hadn't decayed. They know how you LOVE the excitement of dealing with... well, you know. Ew. Never a dull moment, indeed.

rls said...

Bahahahaha! Love it!