Monday, December 12, 2011

Obligations

I have some pretty good pictures from this weekend, which was a classic Blackrock family weekend (meaning hard labor and cold temperatures), but they're still on my camera. And my witty written explanations of the pictures (what? they ARE SO witty) are still in my head. Because the time that would have been spent uploading pictures and being witty was instead taken up with setting up and decorating the Christmas tree.

That was not such a witty activity. More frustrating, as we discovered more than one string of lights was only half working; I didn't get all the boxes of tree decorations out of the crawlspace because I was trying to avoid moving all the rest of the house decorations last night in favor of focusing on the tree stuff (read: I was too lazy to make more than one trip up and down the stairs); and the MiL and I--the resident tree decorators--were both really tired.

But the tree must go up, because a certain small child in residence will probably lose his damn mind with joy when he sees it. So it's up. It's not perfect--the lights are a little bit sparse, some of the MiL's nicer ornaments are still M.I.A., and I haven't found the star for the top yet--but it's a tree. And it's jolly.

So pictures and wit tomorrow. For today, we have some Christmas cheer to view in our living room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for decorations, but I feel your pain. We put up our tree too, and due to a slightly lavish hand with lights OUTSIDE on the new house, had a shortage INSIDE. And a three hour jihad in northern Virginia by sister's sailor yielded no colored lights. Anywhere. Finally, found a net of lights. Ever tried to dress a tree in a lit net?

Yeah. Sucks. But, looks good and can't wait for Cubby to see it. Hope today is better for you!

-moi