Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Keeping It In

It's really too bad I don't use four-letter words in conversation to my son.  Sometimes, they really express exactly what I'm feeling.

This morning, for instance, when Cubby woke up at 4:45, what I was feeling was, "This is some kind of bullshit."  Also, possibly a literal four-letter expletive that starts with "f."

But since I don't really want my son going around preschool telling his teachers that whatever they are doing is bullshit, I just bite my tongue, wrestle him into his clothing, and sit silently while he has the inevitable meltdown.  Because he WANTS his oatmeal, but he doesn't WANT to eat it in the kitchen.  COUCH. MOM, COUCH.  Although of course, that particular meltdown had more to do with the before-five wakeup than the oatmeal issue.  But I said nothing.

Doesn't mean I'm not thinking it, though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A mothers strength.

Anonymous said...

Maybe a later bedtime for Cubby??? ;(

You will love the nap he will take later in the day though to make up for his lost morning sleep.
I don't know ...I am trying to find a silver lining here. :)

Yah, as soon as you say bs or anything else it will be his new fun word that will start every conversation.
How about horsefeathers?
Beth

Anonymous said...

I say hockey pucks.......I don't know how that got started...maybe from horse hockey....I've said it so long and I am so old ...I dont't remember. :) Beth

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Words from my mouth to the Tot:
Motherflubber
Motherscratcher
EffingA
cheese and rice (only to piss off my H - he hates that one.)
and
Dammit (that one's not going anywhere - she'll be the first to teach the youngin's that one...)