Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Health, Wealth, and Happiness Coming Right Up

Happy New Year, poppets.  The black-eyed peas are simmering on the stove. The collard greens are cooked.  The biggest damned pork loin roast in the history of hogs* is in the refrigerator, ready to be put in the oven shortly.

New Year's Day at Blackrock, full steam ahead.

* Seriously.  This thing is over ten pounds.  The MiL bought it at the butcher yesterday, and possibly she went a little overboard.  I will be cutting it in half before I cook it and freezing one half, because not even we--prodigious meat consumers that we are--can eat that much pork.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy New Year to you and all your family.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she was expecting company?
Yum , I might go ahead and cook it and then freeze it ready to defrost and use later on.
There are so many good ways to eat pork. I think it is my favorite meat.
Happy New Year you guys.
Beth