Monday, February 18, 2013

Kitchen Things*

Saturday's sugarin' left me with a little more than a gallon of syrup (three gallons divided between A., Jason, and Jodi left us with about a gallon) that needed a little further reduction.  So I did some of that this morning during Charlie's first nap. I did some dishes as well, because they didn't all get finished last night.

During Charlie's second nap and Cubby's nap, I managed to get some more laundry mucous made.  And did more dishes.

Tonight when both kids were asleep, I canned seven quarts of chicken stock made from the surprise rooster (the lone surviving chick left after the fox attack turned out to be a male) that A. killed Saturday.  And then I did some more dishes.

So, three quarts of maple syrup reduced, three gallons of laundry detergent made, and seven quarts of chicken stock canned.  And a LOT of damn dishes.

I'm ready for bed now.

* Have you ever read "A Jury of Her Peers," by Susan Glaspell?  I love that short story, and I don't even like short stories.  I always think of the phrase "kitchen things" as used in that story when I'm working in the kitchen.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

LOL! No on could ever accuse you of being lazy!

Alyssa said...

I have been walking around with a note telling me to read "A Jury of her Peers" for maybe 2 years? I heard a bit about it on the radio and wrote it down. Thanks for the reminder!

FinnyKnits said...

So productive! That's my kind of day. Minus the dishes of course.