Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A.P.D.--The Theme Song

Thanks to a freakish ability to remember songs and song lyrics, I have a continual soundtrack running through my head at all times. Anything is likely to remind me of a song.  Sometimes I sing it out loud--much to Charlie's delight when I change the words to "I Like To Eat Apples and Bananas" to whatever he's eating at the time-- but most of the time it's just in my head.

But what if I were to have to choose a song as a general theme song?  I think I would still have to go with "Ridin' the Storm Out," by R.E.O Speedwagon.

Charlie, as the world's jolliest infant, bops along through life to the tune of "Walking on Sunshine," by Katrina and the Waves.

And Cubby?  Without doubt, Cubby's all about "The Authority Song," by John Mellencamp.  He fights authority and authority always wins.  For now, anyway, but just wait until he's a big man and then watch out. Or so he says.  And I believe him.

So what about you, duckies?  What's your theme song of the moment?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever song carries the line, "But baby it's cold outside." It was three degrees when I left the house this morning. Mary in MN

Phoo-D said...

I think my song of the moment is "Waiting on the World to Change" by John Mayer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBIxScJ5rlY The other song that came to mind for Cubby is "I fought the Law and the Law Won". =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXnoLAEUSQ

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Mushaboom by Feist.
I've never had a song speak so much to my past, present and future than that one.

Best line: "talk to the neighbors and tip my hat on a little road barely on the map".

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Side By Side. Oh,we ain't got a barrel o' money, maybe we're ragged and funny. But, we'll travel along singin' a song...side by side.
Beth