Friday, July 5, 2013

Cursed

I was determined to have the bathroom shelves all painted and done by today. But I realized about halfway through the first coat that I wouldn't have enough paint. So I have to take a trip into the Small City to get more paint before I can finish.

I didn't even get that first coat all on yesterday, because when I got to the second-to-last shelf, I found that the primer I had put on the day before hadn't dried yet on the bottom shelves, thanks to our awful humidity.

Also, the toilet in there is now leaking around the base--meaning the wax seal needs to be replaced--making the whole bathroom smell like urine.

We have approximately thirty people coming to our house a week from tomorrow for Charlie's first birthday party. I am beginning to suspect the universe is conspiring against my having a functioning, non-urine-smelling, completely painted bathroom for those people to use.

Cut me a break here, okay, Universe? I'm not asking for much.

2 comments:

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

You just articulated every attempt I have made at home improvement for the last 10 years.

Which is why I rent now. I leave that stuff up to the landlord!

(I'm crossing fingers for you for 3 dry days - that's all you need. Low humidity and DRY.)

(And I'm thinking you're a better woman than me - 30 people!?! You is hardcore.)

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure enough paint makes the urine smell go away.

Just saying.

:) Good luck and happy birthday!