Monday, July 1, 2013

A Small Thing

Right on tortoise schedule, I'm nearing the completion of the awful bathroom re-painting. Only the shelves to go.

Yesterday I asked A. to help me re-install the toilet paper holder and the towel racks on the wall. As I was gathering up all the hardware to put them back up, it occurred to me that hey, I could re-locate the toilet paper holder!

For as long as anyone could remember, the toilet paper holder has been behind the toilet, off to the side. So getting the toilet paper involved a bit of contortion to reach around. It was always annoying to me. And now was my opportunity to eliminate this one small, but persistent, annoyance.

So we put the toilet paper holder right on the side of the toilet, within easy reach, no contortion necessary.

It's a small thing, but it makes me unreasonably happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Kristen! We have one at work that is so annoying to get to! I'd like to strangle that construction dude that put it up everytime I go in there (yes, I'm sure it had to be a man!)

Sandy Shoes, NC

Anonymous said...

All the little annoyances do add up.Beth

Joellen said...

It's amazing the small things that can make such a difference.

tu mere said...

Can't wait to see the finished work of art.

Drew @ Willpower Is For Fat People said...

The only place to relocate ours would be onto the side of the bathtub, otherwise I would have done it years ago.

Anonymous said...

Totally worth a whole bathroom remodel to spare toilet contortions. Especially for newly capable wipers.