Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Archival

Am I the only one who sometimes misses old-school film cameras? I feel like I do a lot more of the work with digital photos, what with uploading them to my computer, saving them to the Walgreens website so I can print them, saving them to the external memory thingie, and then going through and deleting them all from my computer so I don't have five million photos taking up space on my laptop.

I mostly fail at all of this, by the way, which is why I still have photos on my computer from January.

But then, that allows me to stumble across old photos like this:


As I recall, both Cubby and I were sick when this photo was taken, so I wouldn't say it's the most attractive picture. Of me, anyway; Cubby looks as if he's posing for a Gap Kids ad. Anyway, illness is probably the only reason Cubby stood still long enough for a picture to be taken.

Also, please note Charlie's tiny hand reaching up. What a representative photo of multiple-child motherhood: Holding one while the other demands attention.

Still, though, it was a nice picture to randomly re-discover six months later.

4 comments:

Joan @ Debt of Gratitude said...

Those cupid's lips on Cubby make me swoon. Some day far in the future, a girl will go ga-ga over those lips.

(BTW, last night I watched my strapping, 17-year-old baby cuddle on the sofa with his girlfriend. It unnerved me. So I apologize for talking about Cubby's lips in the context of a girl. Just thought you should prepare yourself!)

Daisy said...

Poor Cubby - his little eyes look so shadowed! He was definitely not himself that day.

Anonymous said...

Still use my camera with film--somehow I really like taking pictures and getting them developed. Sometimes I'd like to be able to download digital pictures to the computer--but mostly I like the film approach.

Farmgirl Susan said...

You're so cute! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you. And Cubby, obviously adorable too. Cracked up at the Gap Kids ad comment. You're right!