Monday, July 21, 2008

Duurrr

I had this post all but written in my head, about A.'s impressive trench-digging skills and his masterful use of a pickax. I even had a photo all ready to go of him swinging said pickax. Then I left the camera outside. Then it rained. Really hard. And now the camera appears to be dead. Shit. It's not even my camera--it's the MiL's. Double shit. So my next trip to Town will include a visit to Circuit City, a place that is most emphatically not my scene, man, but which will allow me to purchase a replacement camera quickly.

All this to say that you will not be seeing photos on this site for awhile maybe. But that's okay, because we're leaving Wednesday night for five days anyway, so you won't be seeing much of anything on this site for awhile.

Oh, have I not mentioned that yet? Yes, we will be going on a real, actual, honest to God vacation. And no, I do not have a laptop with which to update while on the road. I don't even have a cell phone. Now you can see why Circuit City isn't my scene--the farm store is more like it.

ANYWAY, start stocking up on tissues for the tears that will no doubt flow like a river upon my departure. I recommend Puffs with lotion to avoid the dreaded chapped nose.

I can't believe I killed the camera. Shit. Again.

13 comments:

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Make sure you check whether the new camera takes the same type memory card as the dead one. And if it doesn't, get a card reader so you can at least get the last of your pictures off of it.

And if you don't want to buy new hardware just for that, if you've got a Kinko's nearby there's a good chance one of their PCs will have the right reader built in.

But look on the bright side, whatever you buy will be three times better than the old one for half the price.

SaraPMcC said...

Oh, that totally sucks. But Circuit City is always e-mailing me coupons (I bought my computer there)...shall I forward them on? They usually include some camera ones.

And have a nice vacation! Although I will be sad to not have you around to entertain me. Where are you going?

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Hey, check here reall quick:

Kodak EasyShare Z1275 12MP/720p Digital Camera w/5x Optical Zoom - $79.99

If you've never seen Woot, they have one item per day, really cheap. (Probably overstocks.) That link above is a really good price for that camera.

(No, I don't work for them.)

It's me said...

That sounds familiar. We're famous for losing/breaking/ruining electronics.

I vote for the Panasonic Lumix. I didn't think it was spendy ($269 at Costco, including a 1gig memory card, charger and case) but I've been saving for a camera for quite some time.

Be safe on your vacay.

krysta said...

camera: that sucks

vacation: good!

me again said...

The memory card that was in the camera is likely jim-dandy fine. The camera, on the other hand, would not take well to the, um, bath. That sucks. Hope you find a great sale -- and have a wonderful RELAXING vacation!

Tina Post said...

Oo, have a good vacation! Wait, did you say where you're going? I'm assuming you're not headed anywhere too hot...

jean said...

a real vacation? I am going away in August and I can't wait. Have fun, remember to use sunscreen and relax. We'll expect a lot of post vacation photos!

Anonymous said...

WOO! Vacation! Where are you going? Presumably somewhere that does not have BAAATS or escape-artist sheep?

It's me said...

Not to be the voice of doom, but I've heard there are bats (or snakes that love washing machines) just about everywhere.

I say "Stay home" and "send your tickets to me, 'cause I ain't afraid a no bats".

Just my two cents.

It's me said...

Kristin,
Not the right place to post this, but I really would love it if you would let me know your thoughts on peak oil and children.
http://justwanderingthrough.blogspot.com/2008/07/kids.html

my post doesn't do the subject justice, but I hear a lot of people saying stuff, but am wondering if they're following through.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Where are you going, by the way?

And me? I left my cell phone in the rain the other day. Thank god I'm not the only one who forgets the rule about leaving electronics outdoors.

Mayberry Magpie