Sunday, August 24, 2008

Getting To Know Me

Getting to know all about me
Getting to like me, hoping that you like me
Because of all (all!) the (the!) beautiful and new
Things that I am lear . . . oh wait, this isn't a singalong. I got a little carried away.

While I would very much like to continue singing songs from "The King and I," I can't, because Sweet Bird gave me homework. I'm supposed to do one of these fill-in things that tells you all about me, but is really just an opportunity for me to show off how clever I am. It has a name, a special, techie name, but I hate the word and I won't use it. I also don't really like to do these, but, well, I dig Sweet Bird and it's Sunday, which means I have nothing much else to talk about (except tomatoes, and I think I've exhausted that subject--until tomorrow) and am lazy. But if anyone else is thinking of assigning me this type of homework, don't. You will learn all you should ever need to know about me right now, and so there is no need for me to ever do this again.

And awaaaaay we go!

1. Last Movie I Saw In A Movie Theater? Sex and the City. How frivolous of me.

2. What Book Are You Reading? Uhh, wait, lemme check . . . okay, it's called "Everything Changes," by Jonathan Tropper.

3. Favorite Board Game? The 80s edition of Trivial Pursuit, because I have a lot of the answers memorized, so it looks like I'm smart. Also, every other entertainment question is about Star Wars, which I find hilarious.

4. Favorite Magazine? Lately "Farm and Ranch Living," even though I always feel like a lazy bum when I read about all these people getting up at 3 a.m. to milk cows or whatever and working all the livelong day till the sun goes down.

5. Favorite Smells? Tomato plants, fresh basil, lilacs.

6. Favorite Sounds? The little sigh the dogs make when they stretch in their sleep, the popping sound of canned jars sealing (success!).

7. Worst Feeling In The World? Losing pets. Poor James.

8. First Thing You Think of When You Wake? Is it really time to get up yet? (I wake up at random and annoying times, like 25 minutes before the alarm goes off.)

9. Favorite Fast Food Place? I'm quite partial to Wendy's, for their fries and Frosties.

10. Future Child’s Name? Pass.

11. Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money,” I'd buy a new car, one that has a working antenna and maybe even air conditioning. Wild, I know.

12. Do You Drive Fast? Faster than A.? Yes. Faster than the MiL? No.

13. Do You Sleep With a Stuffed Animal? No.

14. Storms—cool or scary?Cool.

15. What Was Your First Car? A 1987 (I think) Honda Prelude that I shared with my brother.

16. Favorite Drink?Alcoholic--gin and tonic. Non-alcoholic--mulberry juice and seltzer.

17. Finish This Statement—“If I Had the Time, I Would…” I do have time, as my blog clearly demonstrates.

18. Do You Eat the Stems on Broccoli?My favorite part, though it's getting increasingly difficult to find anything but the crowns at the grocery store. What's up with that?

19. If You could Dye your Hair Any Other Color, What Would It Be? I have never dyed my hair, but I will eventually have to dye it, due to some unsubstantiated reports of a few gray hairs. But I'm so boring, I'd probably just keep it dark brown.

20. Name All the Different Cities In Which You Have Lived--Be careful what you ask for . . . Sacramento, CA; somewhere in Florida (my parents would have to chime in here--I'm a military child and don't remember all the places I was hauled to while I was still drooling into a bib); somewhere in New Mexico (I think); Valdosta, GA; Mililani on the island of Oahu, HI; North Pole, AK (stretching it to call that a city); Tucson, AZ; Flagstaff, AZ; Phoenix, AZ; Albany, NY; and here, which isn't a city so I don't have to tell you where I live. Keepin' the mystery alive!

21. Favorite Sport to Watch?Don't like to watch, only liked to play. Except Olympic sports, and I'll watch pretty much any of those.

22. One Nice Thing About The Person Who Sent This To You. She takes very pretty pictures.

23. What’s Under Your Bed? Lots and lots of dust. Don't look.

24. Would You Like to Be Born As Yourself Again? Why not? The devil you know . . .

25. Morning Person or Night Owl? Morning.

26. Over Easy or Sunny Side Up? Blech. Scrambled or fried. No runny yokes, please.

27. Favorite Place to Relax? Bed.

28. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Perry's Chocolate Piece of Cake, which is now impossible to find (BOOOO), so now, Perry's Chocolate Panda Paws.

3 comments:

Sweet Bird said...

They have ice cream made out of panda's paws. Wow.

SaraPMcC said...

I knew you'd say that ice cream! I've heard you say it before. And you sure have lived a lot of places. I may have to steal this from you for my blog...

FinnyKnits said...

I don't even have to tell you that there are some scary similarities in this list.

For example: Wendy's, Flagstaff, Trivial Pursuit, morning person, cool storms.

Oh the list goes on. You're weird.