Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winter Comes to Blackrock*

Hey, remember this view? The very picture of lush, fecund summer beauty, right?

This is that same view today:


I suddenly feel the need for hot chocolate and a blazing fire.

Notice that the lake is visible once again, because all the leaves are off the trees. This also makes for an unobstructed path for the howling winds off the lake, which result in the infamous Blackrock Sideways Snow. Fun!

Is it winter at your house yet?

* If I ever decide to write a Gothic novel, this is totally going to be my title.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to be a brisk 65 here today but warms up to 76 tomorrow.

Yee Haw,
Cousin Ethan

Anonymous said...

26 degrees and snow here this morning. Forget the weather, though...I'm more impressed with your use of the word "fecund."

mil said...

On titles: keep "Sideways Snow" in mind.

SaraPMcC said...

No snow here yet. I did walk around the circle in some sort of flurry/hail storm yesterday, but it didn't last, thankfully. It's cold, though; high of around 33 today. It's approximately the same inside the office as well. Screw you, Cousin Ethan!

Susan said...

That is so beautiful. And jiveturkey is right...well done with the fecund. Gorgeous crisp fall day here - high around 60. Good reason for a drink yes? Cheers to gorgeous Blackrock.

Sweet Bird said...

We've had a freak burst of great weather here - 80 and sunny for the last week when it should be 50 and pouring down rain.

Doesn't exactly get me pumped for the holidays. But, studying for finals at the beach is sure nice.

Anonymous said...

It's been pretty mild here lately. I think it's going to be 65 today, which is just too warm for Utah in November.

FinnyKnits said...

I like that The Weather is being normal at your house.

Not that I *want* it to be winter, per se, but I don't think I *want* it to be summer anymore either - which is what The Weather is bringing us.

How am I going to get my arugula to grow if it's 80 degrees? HOW?

I like your porch, Rufus.

Susan said...

Does hail count?