Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Peace Offering

Just a reminder: I'm leaving for The City tonight and will be gone until Thursday night. That means no Puppy Pictures for a couple of days. To make it up to you, I'm going to post TWO Puppy Pictures today. Plus an extra picture, just for fun.

So here we have the obligatory Cuddling with the Puppy Picture, in which I am looking less than stellar in my drippy, cold-suffering state. Pretty!


At least ONE of us is photogenic.

Then there's the obligatory Puppies Tussling Cutely About on the Floor Picture. They can toddle about now, and are barking, growling, and playing with each other. And of course, "playing" means biting each other's tiny little faces.

Even facial disfigurement is adorable when there are puppies involved.

But lest you get too carried away by the overwhelming cuteness that is the puppy brood, I am here to remind you that these innocent little balls of fluff will eventually turn into nasty dogs, whose chief pleasure in life will be carrying around a moldy, decomposing deer leg. Like their Auntie Mia.

Auntie Mia prides herself on being a good role model.

There. I know I can never post enough Puppy Pictures, but that will have to tide you over for a couple of days. Peace out until Friday, poppets!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip, Kristin! I'm heading in the direction of the city (stopping north of there) to do some Passover shopping with my mom and her friend. My mom still can't lift anything heavy (post-surgery), so at least I got a day off from work, even if I'll be doing a lot of lifting today! But I don't have puppies. So you win.

Chiot's Run said...

I love the deer leg. AWESOME. Let your dogs be dogs!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the city!

Now that we have a cat, we are finding dead creatures on our porch. Doesn't bother me but my kids are aghast.

Susan said...

You have the most beautiful, fresh face that totally matches my image of your gardening, wholesome life at Blackrock! You're beautiful! Please don't post any pictures when you're feeling well or dressed up because I'd be way too jealous. Oh, yeah, the puppies are cute, too. But you...!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Thank you, Susan. I assume the term "fresh-faced" refers to the fact that I don't wear make-up. I'm all about The Natural Look, mostly because I have NO IDEA how to apply cosmetics.

Luckily, the sheep don't seem to care what my face looks like, as long as I'm carrying a bucket of corn.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love these! Especially the one of all of them playing together. Keep the pictures coming and have a good time in the City!

jean said...

The puppies are so cute, Mia however - not so much.

I love your hair! What is your secret? You should post your photo more often.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Secret? For the curls, you mean? No secret--they're natural. I just do my best to keep it from getting completely out of control. But since I'm pretty lazy and don't really know how to deal with hair (much like I don't know how to deal with cosmetics), I just use Pantene mousse and hairspray. Curl cream when I'm feeling really elegant, which is not often, because that shit is expensive. And I get my hair cut maybe twice a year at Cost Cutters.

A diva I am not.

Anonymous said...

Seeing pics of pups makes me happy -- but not near as happy as seeing pics of you Kristin!! I've only seen far away ones before. It's oddly thrilling to put faces to names of bloggers you love :)

Daisy said...

Puppies! And lovely Auntie Mia!! enjoy the city. They puppies will miss you!