Saturday, March 28, 2009

372 Posts Ago . . .

It was a day almost like any other: letting dogs in and out, doing dishes, squelching through spring mud. Except it wasn't JUST like any other day, because at 4:32 p.m. on March 28, 2008, I wandered upstairs and, with very little thought or planning, started this blog. One year and 372 posts later, and I'm still not really thinking or planning, just sitting down and writing to you every single day.

"You" have grown larger with the passing of time. "You" now number over 100 people. It seems like a small number compared to some of the reader stats at other sites, but then I think what it would be like to gather all 100+ of you at Blackrock. Then I realize how many people that is.

It is extraordinary that you are here. Extraordinary that you read this site every day, you people that I know in real life, know only in Internet life, or know not at all. Extraordinary how many of you seem to GET our life, seem to envy our life, seem to care about our life. It amazes me and humbles me and makes me very, very grateful.

I suppose I could have done a contest or given away a prize, something concrete to mark this anniversary of Going Country. But you come here for my words, even when I don't give you anything more. So today, after these 372 posts and thousands upon thousands of words, I have only two words of any importance for you:

Thank you.

16 comments:

Sherry said...

No, thank YOU! It is refreshing to go to your site and read about life on a farm. I live in a suburb of a big city in NYS, go to work everyday in a large company and put up with the usual office politics. I follow you and farmgirl - among other sites too - it helps to escape the rat race of everyday life! You really have a gift for words!

Tina Post said...

Aw. That's so sweet. And, as someone who truly blogs with no thought ("He's drooling. Now he's pooping. ZZZ...") I'm on to you. You actually put some thought. I dare say even some planning!

Mayberry Magpie said...

Beautiful!

It is astonishing, isn't it . . . that any number of people show up, mostly every day, to check in on a blogger? I don't call my real life friends every day.

Congratulations!

Tami bami wami said...

What does one say after being thanked?


Ahhh, it's that two words....You're welcome.

*grin*

rls said...

We love our daily dose of Blackrock... thank YOU for providing it to us so dependably and with such wit and charm.

Now go get us another puppy picture.

Daisy said...

That's part of the beauty of the blogosphere: sharing with other like-minded people. Happy blog-o-versary!

jean said...

I should be thanking you. It's so nice to be able to take a peek into your life.

FinnyKnits said...

So glad we could connect via the Innernets. I had no idea there was someone with so many bizarre similarities out there, just farming it up and lambing and canning tomatoes and handling cute puppies and getting a really nice basement door (so weird).

Thank YOU :)

Anonymous said...

back at ya

Now can we get more puppy pictures!

Susan said...

Oh it has absolutely been my pleasure!

MsPicketToYou said...

really? a year?



thank you for the alternate reality you share with me.

and someday, one day you and me: shot in the cistern!

Phoo-D said...

A year - wow! Congratulations and keep it coming! We love stopping by and hearing from you each day.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, and thank you. I really enjoy your blog. Julie

Sweet Bird said...

Awww....you're so sweet. Congrats on one year of blogging your heart out!

Coll said...

Thanks for all the pictures of the animals, the recipes, the drama, and the fun! My sister-in-law was visiting and I read her one of the tomato posts. We laughed so hard we just about fell out of our seats. Please keep writing!

Anonymous said...

thanks to you. It is like I have another me in another state. Yah, the state of insanity. Day to day life IS interesting. Keep up the good work and fun(puppy poopiing and all).