Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Menace to Technology

Apparently, cameras and I don't play well together. I'm hazardous to their health. First, I left the MiL's camera outside, where it got rained on and thereafter never turned on. The autopsy revealed death by drowning. So then I bought another camera, which I managed to keep alive and well for awhile. Until yesterday, when I maimed it.

Specifically, it dropped out of my shirt pocket when I was leaning over on the driveway. The little screen hit the rocks and busted. So the camera technically works, I just can't see anything on the screen. Damn. I guess this means I need to get yet another camera. I should just buy the things in bulk--maybe I'd get a discount that way.

You can see why I don't have a cellphone. It would just give me more opportunity for destruction. All this stupid technology is too delicate to live at Blackrock.

8 comments:

Garden Pheenix said...

Can't you go back to the old fashion way of looking through the wee hole? lol

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

You should get this one.

The Management said...

www.woot.com = your best friend. :P

nice cameras are great if you can be trusted not to lose them, woot cameras are better for me...or that's what they tell me anyway :P

mdvelazquez said...

Hello Kristin: I followed you from Bossy's site. Thank you for the newspaper tip.

If the camera was expensive, you might see if the maufacturer will fix it for you. It might be less expensive for you to send it to them and even upgrade to the next generation than to buy a new one. (That is what happened with my husband's camera.)

I've done very well using Ebay, Overstock, and Costco.

Also, is it terrible that I want the camera Drew is recommending? I already have a Diana so why not, right?

Sara said...

I knocked Miriam's camera off a window sill and then we couldn't see anything on the screen (it was just purple or stripey or something). She called the manufacturer (the camera was relatively new) and said it broke, and they asked if she dropped it. She said no, which was true; I dropped it! They fixed it for free (she just paid to ship it there; they shipped it back).

Sweet Bird said...

We must be telekinetically linked - I murdered my ipod at the gym yesterday.

Just a tip, watch the arm flinging while running or you'll catch the headphone cord with your hand which then flings the ipod across the gym to smash into pieces on the floor.

It's awesome.

I'm going to go buy a new ipod now.

FinnyKnits said...

Sadness! I live in fear of being without my camera. It goes everywhere.

To protect the screen of your new camera, try one of these babies.

Kinda like that film on your car windows, if it gets bashed on something, the protector keeps it from shattering.

It has saved my camera's screen a million times since, well, I'm a little klutzy.

jean said...

I just clicked over to the camera Drew suggested. I'm thinking that one just might fit the bill.