Tuesday, June 9, 2009

If I Only Had a Wand

In case you missed all the trailers and ads and hype, the newest Harry Potter movie is going to be released this summer. So I'm currently reading my way through the series again in the hopes that I'll remember what this movie is supposed to be about by the time it comes out. There are so damned many of the books, I can never remember where I'm supposed to be in the story.

Anyway, reading all about wizards and witches has me contemplating how fun it would be if I had some magical powers of my own. I mean, the characters in these books can do some seriously cool things: appear and disappear at will; make heavy objects levitate and move; fly on broomsticks; transform teapots into tortoises and beetles into buttons; go back in time; conjure food out of thin air . . .

Which leads us to the question of the day: If you could have just one magical ability, what would it be? I think I would go with conjuring food out of thin air. How nice would that be? There I'd be, working outside, getting hungrier by the minute, and then, with a wave of my wand . . . a piece of cake appears just in time for a snack.

On second thought, if I had that ability, I would probably weigh 300 pounds. Maybe not such a good idea.

Anyway, what magical ability would you choose, duckies?

12 comments:

mdvelazquez said...

I would want the ability to make people instantly lose weight. We could be a team.

My alternate would be to cure people who are ill. I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer, so I didn't list it first. I'm a bit blue right now.

Aunt Krissy said...

With the flick of a wand, I would move from point A to point B. No need for cars,trains,planes.

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Do I get to be the only one who has it? Makes a huge difference.

If I'm the only one, I'll take flying. Total fun factor, plus I'm sure I could make a fortune with it.

If lots of us get to have magic, I'll take persuasiveness. Then I can talk other people with abilities into using them for my benefit.

Anonymous said...

Am sure curing people we love of illness would be first on all our lists, if we have been through something like that.
I am gonna get on your team too.
Maybe I can make mean people nice.
We need a name. THE DREAM TEAM or some such name, where we could all come together and help each other and others.

mil said...

My wand: a weed-be-gone wand that would replace the weeds with flowers.

Daisy said...

The magic traveling would certainly be useful. Apparate? No problem! No traffic jams, gas costs, or any other troubles.

An Open Heart said...

Oh, I love this question! I can't even begin to decide what magical power I want.....oh, to just be magical in general, you know, make flowers appear where weeds once grew....Fly, aparate, everyone before me came up with great magical powers, I want them all! But, just one, uber intuitiveness, would be the one that I would LOVE to have - to walk into a room and know what energy or power was flowing, be able to harness it for GOOD, of course!

julochka said...

invisibility cloak, hands down. tho' that's not really a magical power, now is it...

jean said...

I want to fly. Or be psychic. Or have really great metabolism. Not that I've given this any thought.

Phoo-D said...

I'm with Aunt Krissy - the ability to go presto from point A to point B would be marvelous!

Susan said...

Chardonnay would have negative calories which means I would weigh ten pounds.

rls said...

Why do I have to choose just one? Ugh! Um, I guess I'll have to go with being able to clean my house magically. That would save me so much time, plus I hate hate hate cleaning.

BTW I totally can't wait for the movie to come out!