Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lockjaw Won't Keep Me From Posting

Remember the evil gate that took my thumb as a sacrifice? Well, apparently my exploding thumb wasn't enough blood for it, because yesterday it stabbed me through the palm.

Yes, that bastard of a gate attacked me again yesterday, this time by sinking a poking-out nail into my left palm when I pushed on it. The nail went pretty deep, but at least it was a relatively new nail and therefore not as rusty as many of the nails I scrape myself on regularly. I can only hope that the newness of the nail will prevent me from getting tetanus.

Stupid-ass gate.

6 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Oh how miserable! I hope you've already had a tetanus shot. Those are the worst shots ever. My arm always siezes up for a week.

FinnyKnits said...

I will assume that this gate has been taught a swift lesson by now.

Also, I will assume, like Phoo-D, that you've gotten your tetanus shot.

Sorry, doll. That sounds sucky.

rls said...

If hoping that the newness of the nail will keep you from getting lockjaw... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you haven't had a tetanus shot recently...

Anonymous said...

In the past. One would go to Dr. Burlington in the village. Receive a hypo of the current concoction, then top it off with a swab of iodine! All for around two dollars, if memory serves me well. Lance P.S. Stiches were always a pleasure too. He had no mercy for supposed "girly men"!!

Sara said...

Aaaaah! Go get a tetanus shot! When Miriam sliced her finger open on a rusty trunk, I brought her to the urgent care place, where they pulled out this huge needle for the tentanus shot. And I said, "Better than the ol' lockjaw!" And we laughed and laughed! And everyone there thought we were morons. Good times.

Julie said...

I'd kick that gate in the balls for ya if I could.