Friday, July 3, 2009

Thank God SOMEONE Is Professional

One of my many character flaws is impatience. This manifests itself in many ways, but the most appropriate to today's post is my absolute inability to write a real, detailed recipe. That's because I can't be bothered to measure and think out all the steps carefully enough for anyone else to follow along. Good thing I never pursued that degree in secondary education. I think I would not have been a very effective teacher.

BUT ANYWAY.

Luckily for me, someone else did the work for me for one particular recipe. Someone who is much more patient and thorough than I am. She also takes much better photos. I speak of the mysterious Phoo-D. Luckily for all you lushes out there, Phoo-D decided to make a Slippery Slope. And she actually measured and wrote it all down for you. Plus, she even wrote out directions for how to make mulberry juice. So if you have access to mulberries and want to make a Slippery Slope, you no longer have to rely on my half-assed, vague description of that delightful beverage. You can just go to her site and follow directions.

Let's all say thank you to Phoo-D.

In other alcoholic news*, I have strained the elderflower champagne and bottled it in empty Pelligrino bottles. I took the liberty of having a very small taste before I put it in the bottles. You'll be happy to know that there is no hint of cat piss in its bouquet. In fact, it reminded me of hard lemonade. Which is never a bad thing. It has to sit for another week before it's ready, and then we'll have a tasting party. I'll make sure to report back.

Have a fabulous weekend, duckies!

* Hey! I just realized that it's Friday! And Friday is, of course, Alcohol Appreciation Day on Going Country. I swear I didn't plan on that when I wrote this post. Isn't it funny how things just work out sometimes?

4 comments:

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Awesome, thanks for the pointer.

Beth said...

Thanks Phoo-D!! Can't wait to hear the verdict of the champagne. Happy 4th.

tami bami wami said...

thank you phoo-d

Phoo-D said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I've been off the grid for the weekend so am just now catching up. I can't wait to hear about the elderberry champagne! I'm now on the hunt to see if we have elderberries around here.