Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fair Time Already?

Why, it seems like only yesterday that I was huddled miserably hungover in bed while A. jumped around hyperactively in an attempt to get me on my feet and to the sheep show at The Great New York State Fair. But no, it was indeed a whole year ago, and it is now time for another episode of Fair Madness.

A. is even now bouncing around, saying we should already be there. If we miss the Merino class in the sheep show this year, he may never forgive me. So, I'd better get my walking shoes on and get in the car. There are sheep to be viewed! Butter sculptures to be admired! Belgian fries to be eaten!

We're off.

7 comments:

Phoo-D said...

This totally made me smile. Live it up kids! ;)

Chiot's Run said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fair, can't wait. Ours starts this coming Sat.

Anke said...

I've never been to a fair, guess I don't know what I'm missing. :-)

rls said...

What're your butter sculptures this year? Ours was the annual and obligatory cow. Then they always do one that commemorates something special for the current year... there was talk of a butter Michael Jackson, but apparently it was voted down in favor of a butter astronaut, and (this was actually kinda cool) a butter TV set (the old-fashioned console kind) with a working screen on which they were playing the news coverage of the moon landing from 40 years ago.

jean said...

I love the smells at the Fairs. Not that the food isn't a favorite but the smells just remind me of being a kid.

Susan said...

I have no idea what Belgian fries are, but I'd like some please.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

RLS: The butter sculpture was lame this year--an old-fashioned milk delivery truck with a cow peeking out the back of it.

Susan: They're really just thick, very crisp french fries. Yummy.