Sunday, December 13, 2009

Do I HAVE To Have a Title?

Because it's not as if this post has a theme or a point or anything. I'm not even sure I really have a post here. Things I was considering this morning:

1) Why the dogs were allocated all over the place in weird spots this morning. On a normal morning, Mia, Rita, and Leda are in the small pen by the house and Otty is in the back hall (she'll jump out of the pen). The MiL put the dogs away last night, and I got up this morning to find Mia in the kitchen, Otty and Rita in the back hall, and Leda by herself in the pasture. There were apparently high jinks and adventures after I went to bed last night involving misplaced dogs and one very confused and frustrated MiL. Also, Rita is running around on three legs. She seems to have pulled a muscle in her back leg. It was all very discombobulating.

What a great word "discombobulating" is.

2) The Williams-Sonoma catalog is ridiculous. Who buys this stuff? Who has $400 to spend on a knife? And how can I get in touch with those people and convince them to send some money to ME instead, since they seem only too willing to part with said money?

3) After I peel and eat an orange, I usually just rinse my hands off instead of washing them with soap. I love the unexpected whiffs of orange scent that I catch for a little while afterward. It's so refreshing. My hands smell like orange peel right now, incidentally.

4) Today is the last day of hunting season. Well, regular deer hunting, that is. It's still black powder season for a week or so. But so few people take advantage of the black powder season that we don't worry about it too much. This is nice because when the dogs sneak off, we no longer have to wonder if they're going to get shot by a hunter before they get home. We do still have to worry about them dragging bits and pieces of deer carcasses home for quite some time, however. The skulls are really my favorite. Ew.

5) There is no heat in the study at the moment, which means my hands are freezing and I don't want to type anymore.

Over and out.

6 comments:

rls said...

#3 happened to me a week or so ago. Except instead of an orange, it was garlic. Fragrant, yes, but not nearly as refreshing!

Mayberry Magpie said...

Don't be so hard on Williams Sonoma. Some very nice people I know (um, me) worship at the altar of WS. I can't buy $600 copper pots or $400 knives, but I do buy $18 microplanes and $8 rubber spatulas and LOVE their hand soap. See, that's how they trick people like me. They fill the catalog with lovely and extravagant items you can't afford, and hook you on the ones you could buy 40% cheaper at Wal-Mart.

Julie said...

#2...totally agree! Does it do such a super awesome job slicing your bread that you're filled with $400 euphoria for the rest of the day? I doubt it...but I'm just jealous :)

CountryMidwife said...

What is black powder season?

You know what one of my favorite scents-on-hands is? Celery leaves!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Black powder guns. The really old-fashioned kind that are loaded with black powder through the muzzle. Like muskets.

FinnyKnits said...

I like this black powder season. Makes me feel like there are still some people living it up like the olden days.

And randomly, I like to crush the mint leaves on the plant by my front door. Makes my hands smell nice when I'm later out picking up dog poo.

My life is very glam.