Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Good Morning

I woke up early, but stayed in bed and read for a little while before I got up.

The fire started up again when I opened the drafts on the woodstove, so I didn't have to mess around with newspaper and kindling and billows of smoke.

It was cold enough that the mud had mostly frozen and solidified.

The sheep didn't notice me when I first got up to the pasture to let the dogs out, so it was blessedly quiet and peaceful. For about thirty seconds, anyway.

The dogs raced around and played nicely together without fighting.

I got my coffee just right (I don't ever measure anything, so it can be kind of hit or miss).

Happy Saturday morning, duckies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winter has finally made it's mark here , too.
I like to hear the everyday goings on....kinda like going on a walk with you.
Did you see the frost on the grass this morn? The coffee sure smells good. I don't drink it , so the smell is all I need anyway.

word verification 'medlyen'
asian christmas carol

Chiot's Run said...

Our furnace kicks on at 7:30 via automatic programmable thermostat, which wakes me up around 8. I laid in bed till 8:30, then finally got up. I heard the cats break something in the kitchen around 8, found a broken plate on the counter when I got up (how do they break a plate sitting on the counter with nothing else nearby????).

I had to make my own coffee since Mr Chiots is off hunting. Mine's not as good as his -sigh. Glad he's coming home today.

Now I'm reading up on my blogs and commenting. I need to run through the shower and head off to the farmer's market soon. I'm working the next 2 saturdays so it will be up early and out the door till late that night, no time for leisure.

I surely enjoy these saturday's off.

Mayberry Magpie said...

It's the small blessings that matter most, huh?

Happy Saturday to you, too! I'm sitting under a fleece blanket by the fire, drinking coffee and enjoying a quiet house.

Twisted Susan said...

How do you NOT measure your coffee? I've never heard of anything so completely insane.

moi said...

Congrats on a lovely sounding morning. Try and rememebr this one when you have all the other ones that DON'T go so well...

rls said...

I'm down at my dad's, and my brother is here from Greenwich NY, and my other brother is here from Fort Collins CO. They've just made a birthday cake for my step-mom's birthday, and we have a cow about to calve. So it's a good Saturday here!

My verification word: layeher. The Ye-Olde-English word for layer, as in "mye brotheres are makeing ye layeher cake." (I kept it clean. Appreciate it.)

Daisy said...

Sounds like a good Saturday morning!

Sara said...

Sounds like a great day! It snowed here. Blurg.