Thursday, June 24, 2010

Weirdo

A couple of weeks ago, Cubby laughed for the first time. It's an indescribably adorable sound, the sort of thing that makes everyone in the vicinity laugh too. But he doesn't do it often. Apparently, he doesn't find much of anything amusing. Except when I pretend to bite his stomach. Complete with teeth (no, I don't actually BITE, but the teeth are a big part of it) and growly, monster-will-eat-you noises.

Yes. The only thing that makes my son laugh is when I pretend to take a chunk out of his belly while growling like a predator. He's gonna LOVE playing with the dogs when he's bigger.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and the dogs are going to love playing with Cubby.

jean said...

You need to capture that on video. The sound of a baby laughing is very contagious.

Just Me said...

That works well on my 6 month old, too. And it did on my other kids. I think it's fairly universal with most babies.

FinnyKnits said...

I have a cat he can play with/tame.

Meanwhile, those dogs are going to be his best friends. As long as it's normal for dogs to be a boy's best friend. Once it becomes abnormal, I'm sure he'll switch to other people.

rls said...

The thing that made my son laugh the hardest when he was a baby was this book we had with all the colors in it...a blue page with a blue background and all blue objects, and a red page with a red background, etc... well for some reason one day when I was reading it, I really over-enunciated the "k" at the end of "pink" and he about died laughing. After that, he would start to giggle as soon as we even started reading the book, and just howled with laughter when we got to pin-KUH. Babies are weird.