Sunday, September 19, 2010

Behind Before I Began

After a busy day yesterday that didn't end until 10 p.m. (that's late for me, okay?), I was very, very tired when Cubby announced his desire to leave his crib-cage at six this morning. Nonetheless, I dutifully got him up, got him changed, and hung out with him for an hour or so while he jumped around in his station. When he went back to sleep around 7:45 a.m., I climbed back into bed as well.

Next thing I knew, it was 10 a.m. And I had eight people to feed at 1 p.m. And I was planning on making the Cook's Illustrated recipe for Spaghetti Bolognese, which takes four hours. Not so good with the timing.

Also, the pan I needed was dirty, the beef was still half frozen, and I'm out of coffee.

You can perhaps see why there was no post this morning. And I'm afraid this is the most you're going to get now, as I still have those people coming (now at 1:30) and I have to get my ass in gear and off the computer.

So here I go. Bye!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope those 8 people are all family and love you. :) Beth


word verification 'fineshet'


what a drunk person catches fish with

Daisy said...

Those people should understand that babies change everything.

Word verification: fanics. What a fan does when their team is losing.

Alicia said...

I was a little scared when I checked it at 9:30 my time and there wasn't a post, but I knew you had a good reason.

:) I bet the extra sleep was amazing.

Mia said...

How absolutely freakin' COOL is it to be able to be blessed and be a stay at home mom. NO matter what.. it's all good :)

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Beth: They are, and they do. Probably even more now that they're been filled with Bolognese.

Anonymous said...

So you did get the Bolognese done......way to go ! Beth