Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm a Lifelong Learner

They say (whoever "they" might be) that you're never too old to learn something new. I totally agree. For instance, I just learned last night that lime-flavored vodka is actually a fabulous substitute for gin if you and your husband and brother and sister-in-law have managed to consume the entire bottle of gin (it was a pretty small bottle) in two days but didn't make it come out evenly with the tonic water. Don't you just hate it when that happens? Yeah, me too.

It would really be too bad to leave my parents only a half bottle of tonic water*, taking up space in the pantry and going to waste. But dig out that bottle of Smirnoff Twist of Lime triple-distilled vodka left behind by a previous houseguest and TA DA! Delicious vodka tonics. A radical departure from my beloved gin and tonic, but lovely in their own right. Just so you know. Because we are all students in this great classroom of life together.

Or something.

* Do I really have to go home tomorrow? It's supposed to be 78 degrees here on Friday, and I think the forecast at home is calling for the dreaded "wintry mix." Ew.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the trip home is uneventful and quiet. Beth

SaintTigerlily said...

I love that you are also a gin drinker. Further proof that if we lived closer we would totally be buddies.

Have a very safe trip home. We will try to clear up this rain for you...

Melinda said...

Smart move there! Afterall, noting worse than a half flat bottle of tonic water...

FinnyKnits said...

That is a fantastically handy little tidbit, my friend. As I normally avoid vodka at all costs. But, in a pinch, I will look for this lime variety you speak of.

Welcome home now, too!