Saturday, December 4, 2010

All Things Are Possible When the Sun Shines

There is a definite correlation between the brightness of the day and my productivity. When the sun shines brightly, as it did yesterday for about half the day, I'm all, "Let's gogogogo! What can I do next?!" And so, with the sun beaming into the windows, I cleaned out the back hall, dusted and vacuumed, put up Christmas decorations, cleaned up the junk that accumulates outside the dining room door, and finally cut down the dead asparagus in the garden.

Then it got cloudy and I sat by the woodstove with a cup of tea.

It's really unfortunate that I live in one of the most overcast places in the United States.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think you are tired now with the not sleeping. Can you imagine if the sun shone all the time and you were busy as a bee continually during the day?
Snow/rain today here...coming your way in a day or two.
Beth

word verification-netroc

70's computer station

tu mere said...

Too bad we can't share some of the copious amounts of sunshine we have here. I just had an idea. Wouldn't it be great to be able to give a gift of weather. You could send me some of the rain over your house, and I could send the sun to you. Just for a day or so every so often. Ah, if only you lived in a perfect world with sun and hot water on demand. Wait, there is a hot water perfect world.

Mayberry Magpie said...

Hey, I want an update on the kitchen! How'd it turn out . . . or is the MIL and her crew still working on it?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Still working.

Tami Bami Wami said...

Can't wait to get a look at the kitchen when i come up for xmas. *g*