Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wedding Ahoy!

I got a call from my sister yesterday morning. You all know my sister--the one who comes to visit and inevitably ends up being put to work at some kind of disgusting manual labor?

She is, to put it mildly, a Good Sport.

So my Good Sport sister called me yesterday morning. And I thought, "Huh. That's weird. She never calls on Saturday mornings." And she doesn't. Unless there is some Very Important News to share.

There was. She's engaged.

WHEEEE!!!!

I KNOW! So fun! I met her betrothed when we were in Arizona last month, and he seems like an extremely nice person. But more importantly, he seems like the sort of person who will be able to help us with many, many chores when he and my sister come to visit.

I just want him to understand how things are for visitors to Blackrock. So, to my soon-to-be-brother-in-law: Welcome to the family, come visit us soon, and don't forget your work gloves.

P.S. Seriously, welcome to the family and come visit. I'm just kidding about the work gloves (kind of).

7 comments:

sheila said...

another conscript for the cause!

Anonymous said...

To the brother-in-law to be......no , she isn't kidding, even in the least.
I bet he will love helping out though. Beth

word verification- reffing

cuss word, repeated

Phoo-D said...

Hooray! Congratulations to your sister.

Alicia said...

Congrats to Kristin's sister! YAY!

What a great Christmas present!

Sara said...

Congratulations to your sister! Cubby better start practicing so he can carry the ring. :)

Sister’s Sailor said...

I sure will! Except the whole glove thing...I prefer to bare hand it (unless I'm working with snow or cacti!) I can always bring up my Stil (made in West Germany for those that remember) or or toys to help around!

Hope to see you all sometime in the near future!

FinnyKnits said...

That's awesome! Someone else for chores!

It's the same when we go to my parent's house (or stay at home, for that matter) - one must always bring along work gloves, a change of clothes and "Proper Shoes".