Friday, January 7, 2011

Absence Makes the Stomach Grow Fonder

I'm drinking coffee again, after a couple of days of abstaining due to That Which Shall Not Be Named, and LORD does it taste good. Nothing like an unintentional caffeine hiatus to make me aware of how lovely coffee is.

Another much-appreciated return to my diet? Protein. First in the cautious form of potatoes for lunch yesterday*, then eggs and cheese last night. YUM. Applesauce and crackers, while safe and gentle, are not particularly sustaining. Especially if you don't get to lounge around all weak and Victorian-like on the couch but instead have to be wandering around with a child who is convinced that walking is the coolest activity EVER and must be practiced at every waking moment.

That Cubby is a locomoting fool, I'm telling you.

Speaking of telling you, and totally off the subject at hand, I should tell you that Cubby has just recently really gotten the hang of crawling. MONTHS after starting to walk. Apparently he thinks that old cliche, "You have to crawl before you can walk," doesn't apply to him. Rebel child, or just confused? Only time will tell.

Perhaps I have rambled on enough for today? Yes, I think so. Happy Friday, poppets! Any good weekend plans?

*You knew potatoes have protein, right? Because they are the perfect food, Atkins be damned.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Morning!

We HAD weekend plans, but then it's supposed to be like 40 and heavy rain, so we canceled them all.

I haven't gotten to read the blog since New Year's :( The kitchen looks lovely and I'm sorry you were sick!!!

Tree Huggin Momma said...

Based on your comments of that which we shall not discuss I recomend a product to you called Tecachino. Its a coffee subsitute and is less acidic and therefore gentler on the stomach and bowels. Check it out (I might have mispelt it).

Anonymous said...

Winterama ....the big get together campout in the woods bonfire thing my friends do this time every year...wooooooooot. Did I mention the in the teens temps it will be the next couple nights? And it is snowing now. Oh, the fun.
Beth

word verfication-belin

Beauty's sister

sheila said...

Walking is cool, but crawling is faster when you are in a hurry.

FinnyKnits said...

Oftentimes when I find myself feeling a little "off" in the middle of the day, usually it's a weekend day where my schedule's random, I'll realize I haven't had any tea (my form of caffeine) and, once I remedy the issue, I feel, like 100 times better.

All hail, caffeinated beverages!

Daisy said...

My boy (now almost 19yo!) was one of those who didn't crawl. We had all wood floors, so he bounced on his butt. I used to talk about spraying his bottom with pledge and letting him do the cleaning! We eventually taught him to crawl, but he didn't really like it.

rls said...

My daughter also skipped crawling. When I had my son three years later, and he started crawling, it looked weirdly wrong.

Tami Bami Wami said...

going to a friends house to play scrabble tomorrow then on sunday a birthday dinner with another friend.