Thursday, January 27, 2011

So Far

I got up at 6:20 this morning. It is now 7:10. So far, I have:

1) Made coffee.

2) Let Otty out.

3) Cleaned the ashes that have accumulated over the past month or so out of the woodstove.

4) Dusted the dining room, because those ashes, man. They get EVERYdamnwhere.

5) Drank two cups of coffee.

6) And some orange juice.

7) Sorted through the towering piles of magazines/newspapers/books/mail/random shit that accumulates on the table in the corner of the dining room. That table makes me crazy. If only we weren't all so damned literate, we would have a lot less clutter.

8) Straightened up generally in the dining room. How many pairs of gigantic, messy boots does one man need? (The answer, apparently, is four.)

9) Printed out tax documents from our bank.

10) Checked my e-mail.

11) And here I am writing a (half-assed and admittedly somewhat lame list-type) post!

All things that are significantly more difficult to do with a 50-pound toddler in tow.

P.S. Yeah, he's definitely a toddler now. I can no longer deny it.

P.P.S. I don't actually know that he's 50 pounds. That is possibly some exaggeration. But we'll find out at his one-year appointment next month!

P.P.P.S. One year? Oh my God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it has been a year already?!
Loved the list post. Everyday life.
Beth
word verification - biogr

sexually free large ugly

jive turkey said...

A year! And walking! And dropping the morning nap (WEEEEEEP)! I'll be curious to know how much he weighs...Sadie weighs somewhere between 25-30 lbs, and if I hold her for more than 5 minutes, I'm certain my arms will snap off. Perhaps I should send you a lifting belt.

Daisy said...

You were more productive than I was today. I had another night of insomnia, got up, ate breakfast and took meds, and then fell asleep on the couch. Nothing accomplished yet today.