Monday, February 14, 2011

Because I Love You

Happy Valentine's Day, my lovelies! As a token of my affection for all of you, allow me to share with you a few photos from Cubby's fete on Saturday.

Please, don't be too effusive in your thanks. It will embarrass me.

First up, the obligatory Cake Shot. Now, we did break with tradition here in that we did not feed Cubby his first piece of birthday cake in full view of the assembled crowd, allowing him to smash it to mush and smear it in his hair to the general amusement of the party.

Mostly we did not do this because A) I didn't really want to have to change his clothes and swab him down mid-party and B) There were so many people in the dining room (clustered around the woodstove, actually) that there was nowhere to sit with him. So we brought him into the living room for his cake and A. fed it to him. He had chiffon cake with strawberries and whipped cream. He thought it was okay.

Actually, he thought it was AWESOME and dug his little fingers right into the whipped cream. Whose idea was it to feed him on the couch again? Oh right, mine, because I am smart. Whipped cream wipes off pretty easily, though.

Next! Evidence that the ratio of males to females in this county is going to be VERY HEAVILY in favor of males in the coming years. We should all take protective measures now.

The children? ALL BOYS. The mothers: TOTALLY OUTNUMBERED.

For identification purposes, that's me with Cubby on the left; then my friend Alyssa holding her younger son, with her older son leaning against Cubby; and then A.'s cousin holding her younger son, with her older son next to Alyssa's older son.

So many sons.

I have a few shots as well of the fathers holding the boys on the couch. It's a whole mess of testosterone. Also a study in motion as NO ONE was sitting still. Which is what happens when you get a whole bunch of boys together, as we all know. So those photos are pretty bad. But because it is Valentine's Day and because I love you, I will post one anyway.

You can tell I took this picture because it is dark and terrible. You're welcome.

I hope you've enjoyed our little picture show here. Have a very happy Valentine's Day, poppets!

6 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Dare I say Cubby is the cutest one of the bunch? What a fun party! He will have many years of boy fun (aka trouble!) ahead with that many male cousins and friends. =)

Anonymous said...

Personally , I don't think any picture that commemorates an occasion or memory is bad. At least you have pictures.
Not saying they are bad either.
Looks like a good rough-housing bunch of boys there....hey a soccer teams worth??
Beth

jive turkey said...

I will babysit all of those remarkably cute little boys for an entire day if you let me have a piece of chiffon cake. MMM.

Alicia said...

YAY! The pictures are awesome! Happy Valentine's Day, Kristin!

(Oh, p.s....I still read everyday, just don't comment everyday.)

Daisy said...

Adorable. And that cake? I wish I lived close enough to be invited to the next birthday party! Don't worry; 2 isn't terrible. I enjoyed both my kiddos at age 2.

And remember, if you're looking to betroth Cubby to a sweet little girl, my niece turned 1 in December. (Do you like how I'm doing that without asking her parents? Snicker.)

FinnyKnits said...

Sure - you might be outnumbered by boys, but one day you'll have a LOT of help around the property.

A fleet of strapping boys can do a lot more physical labor than the same number of girls - even if they *are* strapping. Which, might be a little unfortunate.

Anyway - happy love day to you all, too and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Senor Cubby.