Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No Sun Yet

I would like to discuss with that excessively cheery Annie her declaration that the sun will come out tomorrow. I see no sun. Although, it's not actively raining either, so I suppose that's an improvement.

And a good thing it's not pouring down rain anymore, as Cubby and I have to actually get in the car and go somewhere this morning. I KNOW. SHOCKING. We're going to the pediatrician. Always a fun outing for both of us. Though at least I don't get jabbed with a needle every time we go, so I guess Cubby's really the one who should be complaining.

Going to the pediatrician does mean that we get to find out how much Cubby actually weighs. It's always nice to have an concrete answer to the "MY GOD, how much does this child weigh?!" question that every person who picks him up inevitably gasps out. Right before handing him back to me, because who would want to carry that much weight around if he or she doesn't have to?

We will also find out how tall he now, although the inches don't matter so much as the fact that he's tall enough to juuuuuust reach a knife handle on the edge of the kitchen counter. Neat.

It's very convenient that we have to go into the Small City today, actually, as it will give me an opportunity to stop at the grocery store and stock up on the necessary supplies for tomorrow. You DID remember that tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, right? So you'd best get out there and get your guacamole makings and Corona, because a Cinco de Mayo without those things is a sad day indeed. As I well remember.

Wish me luck, duckies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to both of you! Mary in MN

Melinda said...

I will indeed get those ingredients on my lunch hour today! Thanks for the reminder..

Let the sun shine!

Daisy said...

Today is Star Wars Day - May the Fourth be with you.