Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's Time for a Game! WHEE!

Anyone out there read The New Yorker? Yeah, me neither. I'm not such a fan. But the MiL subscribes to it, so she reads it, and A. will sometimes read it as well. My interest in it is pretty much satisfied by a cursory flip through it after rescuing it from the clutches of Cubby the Destroyer before he can tear the latest issue to shreds.

I guess he's not such a fan either.

ANYWAY.

Every issue of the magazine has this thing where the readers can submit their own captions for an un-captioned cartoon, and then in the next issue the best captions are printed in the magazine. I always find those captions to be somewhat lame. I think to myself, "I bet MY brilliant readers could do so much better than that." I mean, these are the people that brought us the Slippery Slope and Grasshole. Clever, without doubt.

Never mind that The New Yorker has about a million readers and I have about a hundred. That doesn't matter. What matters is quality, not quantity.

So, poppets! Sharpen up your rapier wits, and caption this photo:


13 comments:

Charade said...

Wool...Where's the wool? It's gotta be on him somewhere. OR Whew, those cotton diapers sure do stink. Can't we get this boy some wool pants?

Anonymous said...

Circle the sheep! Circle the sheep! Lost toddler, I repeat, lost toddler!

Phoo-D said...

"Take me to your leader."

Captioning before coffee is dangerous. =)

Anonymous said...

Sheesh this counting sheep business just to take a nap is ridiculous!

Drew @ Willpower Is For Fat People said...

I'm tellin' ya ... I saw some corn in there.

Anonymous said...

This little piggy went to market.....(snicker,snicker)....this little piggy stayed home......

Beth

Anonymous said...

Cubby had a little lamb..or four!

Sherry said...

I'm not creative enough to come up with a cute caption but this picture is just adorable!!!

Joan S said...

Hey, fellows, leave some for me!!

Anonymous said...

MOM!!???? When will there be kids to play with?

Anonymous said...

Hey--what do EWE want?

Coll said...

I told you I saw some grass in there.

Anonymous said...

To quote my 6 year old niece who lives with too many dogs, "MOM, why am I the only kid in this family that's a kid?"