Monday, November 28, 2011

Knowledge

Yesterday morning when it seemed that a nap was imminent for Cubby--and I knew this because he had started throwing himself to the ground because I wouldn't let him play with the meat saw A. was using to cut up the deer because I am a MEAN MOMMY--I decided I'd better bring him inside for some lunch. But first I wanted to look in the hay barn for some eggs.

So Cubby and I trekked through the paddock to the sheep barn, where he was delighted to discover an egg ("Ug-uh?") in the lower nest and I recovered another egg from the higher nest. On our way back to the house, he was even more delighted to be holding "his" egg for me, and then asked, "Ee?"

"Sure," I said. "We can eat them."

So we went inside and fried the two eggs Cubby had brought back from the hay barn not two minutes before, and he ate them both.

Nobody will ever be able to accuse that kid of not knowing where his food comes from.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cubby - the boy with more knowledge than a lot of adults.
B.
word verification - asces
what Cubby does when he doesn't know the answer

Anonymous said...

He's a lucky boy to have such fresh food.

Daisy said...

Wonderful. He's so, so lucky.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

My daughter points to the outside coop and says: "foo? Ow-side?"

Toddler -ese for "is that my breakfast meal coming inside to be made by my beautiful intelligent mother? How lucky I am, boy-howdy."

Or something like that.