Sunday, November 27, 2011

No, Don't Want To

That was A.'s first full sentence as a child. I must admit to feeling something like that sulky child as I gear myself up for going outside to cut up that deer. I was kind of already over the butchering thing, thanks to the two lambs we've already cut up this fall, but now I really don't want to do it because I have a cold. All I want to do during Cubby's nap right now is take a nap myself.

Unfortunately, that venison won't cut itself up, so off I go to heed the call of the carcass. Happy Sunday, poppets.

4 comments:

sheila said...

Hope the cold ends soon. Wish you could nap. Venison is good, but not good enough to win out over sleep.

Anonymous said...

I find that when I have a task like that to do ....it makes it go faster to have the radio on with a talk show of some sort...right now I am listening to NPR-Rick Steve's Travel Show.
Unless you have a good topic of conversation and it goes fast that way also.
Hope you get a good night's rest tonight. Sorry you have a cold ...that stinks. Beth

Daisy said...

"No" is a useful word sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Ah. "The call of the carcass."

Nope, don't hear that one. And I'm sorry that you do.

-moi