Thursday, January 5, 2012

How Odd

Hello from Tucson, my lovelies!  You'll never guess what I'm wearing right now.  (Don't be dirty.)  I'm wearing a skirt.  And short sleeves.  And no shoes.  What sort of alien land is this?

Oh. Right.  The desert in, ahem, "winter."  No wonder so many damn people have moved here.

So I did indeed survive my long trek yesterday intact.  In fact, it all went quite smoothly.  I must give props to the good people at Continental Airlines, who took care of a couple of things that could have really screwed up the trip with efficiency and a good attitude.  Well done, Continental.

I had a brief moment of melancholy at 7 p.m. Blackrock time as I was watching Houston recede into the distance and thinking about Cubby going to bed without his mother.  Sniff.  But he's doing just fine, according to his father, and they have many exciting adventures to come in the following days.

As do I.  Exciting adventures that include going barefoot.  It doesn't take much, obviously.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? At this time of year the thought of going barefoot is like a little slice of heaven.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it something that it is the small things that we miss....like going barefoot.
Makes packing easier.
Beth

Phoo-D said...

Ah to be barefoot and in a skirt outside...enjoy the sunshine! I actually pulled off a t-shirt here yesterday in a freak warm day in January. The problem is now I'm itching to garden...

rls said...

I would LOVE to be barefoot without freezing my toes off. I'm currently wrapped up in a fleece blanket whilst catching up on back issues of Going Country. But at least there's no snow here, so it's not as great as being in AZ but better than Blackrock. Have fun and soak up that warmth!

FinnyKnits said...

I'm wearing cropped jeans and flip flops in NorCal today and it's glorious. SURE - we *should* be skiing, but Tahoe doesn't have dick for snow, so instead we're slicing a snowboard in half in the garage (to make a splitboard for backcountry riding) and tying our old climbing rope into a door mat in the backyard sunshine.

LOVE WARM WINTER WEATHER.

Soak it up, sister. And happy new year.