Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm Seeing a Pattern Here

It is currently 2:05 in the afternoon.  Approximately thirty minutes ago, Cubby and I had this conversation:

Me: You're looking pretty sleepy there, baby doll.


Him:  NO!  Not looking sleepy!


And now?


Who saw this one coming? 

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the duration of the meltdown that will occur when he awakes from this unplanned slumber?

Actually, let's not guess.  Let's not even think about it.  Instead let's focus on the positive: Mr. Jason is even now on our beach fishing for carp again, which means when A. gets home from court he can take that stubborn little sleeper up there down to the beach for some man time.  I hope.

In the meantime, I'll be counting the minutes until the 7 p.m. bedtime and crossing every digit I have that there are no dramatics for that.

5 comments:

Drew @ Willpower Is For Fat People said...

Looks like he's fixin' to go all "Al Bundy" with that hand there.

Anonymous said...

You are going to have to start using reverse tactics on him....ie....I know it's your bedtime but I don't want you to go to sleep.

Anonymous said...

Good thinking john/Delores !
Beth

Daisy said...

Wishing you luck! We had a deal with "quiet time" in place of nap. Many times my stubborn one quieted down enough to sleep, much like yours does. If he stayed awake, fine.

flask said...

still out here. still wishing you luck. still admire your steel.